PDA

View Full Version : uv apps for the Mac

jat
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
ok so I always see these new plugins like the one from nitisara - uv netter and of course its not for the mac etc, etc.......are there any plugs out there for us? I am just getting into doing uv maps and just wanted to know if there is an elegant way for us to do it on the Mac..do you guys have any links that would help out in the learning process? I know are base isn't as big compared to the pc crowd but I mean there should be someting out there that is comparable, right?

:thumbsdow

TomT
04-25-2006, 06:23 PM
There are products out there for the Mac that have UV editing capability including some interesting stuff, but these are percieved as competitors of LW. You might want to poke around at 3D tools that augment LW that might be L-Y M-O or C-D B-T.

I'm a little disappointed too that UV Netter wasn't released for the Mac.

Captain Obvious
04-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Blender supposedly has terrific UV tools. It works well enough with LWOs, too, and it's free.

jat
04-26-2006, 04:14 AM
TomT do you have a link for 3d tools ....can't find it

BazC
04-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Yup Blender and Wings have pretty good UV tools and both are free!

RonGC
04-26-2006, 10:19 AM
This is something that lightwave really needs included with the app. A good UV tool. It often takes me longer to build a good uv map then it does to model the object. Leaving this to 3rd party is fine except that the Mac is always last to the party, and sometimes left out totally.

I currently use UVedit Pro and uvmapper, both are good but still a ton of fiddling to get a decent map.
A long slow torturous process, UV mapping is. LOL

Ron

jat
04-26-2006, 12:05 PM
Baz.........how do you usually use blender with LightWave to do the maps....can you post some steps

:thumbsup: