PDA

View Full Version : 3Dbuzz: What do you think of a Lightwave Fundamentals?

darkChief
04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Just got of the 3DBuzz forums (which looked starved) I asked about a Lightwave Fundamentals project and they say not many people would be interested in getting it, so it's possibly not gonna happen. I for one think the guys at 3dbuzz do a good job of making video tutorials..
So what does everybody else think about a Lightwave Fundamentals? I'm guessing it would be like the Maya Fundamentals. Have a look if you haven't seen it (http://3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_info_mfc.php). 82 hours oh so of 3dbuzz video training sounds good to me .

Cobalt
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I've seen the 3DBuzz videos on Motion Builder and they are pretty good. I'm not particulary fond of their use of two narrators though.

Concerning their producing a Lightwave Fundamental series, I'm not sure if their current staff has a Lightwave background. I suppose they would have to hire a Lightwave guru ... which would make them a publisher and distributor.

Also, there are tons of great Lightwave training resources already out there by Desktop Publishing, Kurv Studios, Dan Ablan, Larry Schultz, Timothy Albee, Cel Shader, David Jarred, Proton and many more I am sure. Some you pay for and some are free, but I think they are all great.

I think only after I have gone through all the free training and purchased training I have acquired over the past few years will I start asking for more.