PDA

View Full Version : Hot Key for Keyer!

vmcfalls
04-24-2006, 09:41 PM
It would be nice to have a hot key to assign to the chroma key tab, or a way to open and turn on the keyer.

We've been using the pictures tab for a simple virtual set still store and can run a whole show using the virtual set. It a bit of a pain to open, turn on and off the keyer and bring up the still and switch to camera all at the same time.

It would be easier to togle the chroma keyer on/off with out having to open the keyer tab.

Vern McFalls

Cineman
04-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Vern,

I think that you are onto something important. What about a full-time (means working on the switcher interface regardless of what lower tab is open) toggle that turns Chroma Key on or off? That has implications beyond your good use. It comes into play for iVGA real often, as well.

Nes Gurley

bdbusch
04-26-2006, 06:36 PM
don't flame me - I couldn't find one - but is there a definitive list of the hotkeys?

Also - anyone have an idea on how to get PrtScr's of the GUI (including different tabs at the bottom) for making user manuals?

Cineman
04-26-2006, 07:40 PM
I can answer the first one Brian. TriCaster Manual, Appendix B, Keyboard Shortcuts, page 51 to the end; plus this link:

http://www.newtek.com/tricaster/updates.php

Scroll down to New Features. The rest of the keyboard shortcuts are actually the first five bullet points. I have just printed this half page list, and keep it behind Appendix B in the manual.

Nes Gurley

bdbusch
05-01-2006, 06:19 AM
bump on the screen shots? I'd like to use some for a user's manual for my crew, but don't know how to get them from the tc. are they available online somewhere?

Paul Lara
05-01-2006, 06:29 AM
bump on the screen shots? I'd like to use some for a user's manual for my crew, but don't know how to get them from the tc. are they available online somewhere?

They're not available online, but if you'll let me know which shots you need, I can try to find and upload 'em for you.

bdbusch
05-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Paul - I would like (for a start):

main Admin Screen
Keyer Tab
VCR
Record/Stream Tab
VGA Tab
Camera Control Tab

I know I'm just one voice, but it would be better if we could save them ourselves, that way we can partially fill in stuff, hit PrtScr, fill in more stuff, hit PrtScr, standard stuff for tute development. Maybe you guys can add PrtScr code back in but trap the key and save the current screen into the PicturesFolder with a unique serial number (e.g., PrtScr0001.jpg) or something. We could them grab them out of the TC on a memory stick or something and edit in PS/PSP.

To start, though - please forward as quick as possible. My crew is hurting for instructions other than verbal and napkins. I'd prefer (if possible), to have most of the fields in the Tab to be nearly empty (for example, the VCR Play List with only one or two videos/pictures). I'd prefer the transitions to be nearly empty (except for Xfade). This will be a pain, probably, so if there is a short-cut to allow the PrtScr to work - let me know!

Of course, it might be easier for you to just do them all (instead of just the few I want today) and make a little .zip file for us to grab off your website.

Thanks,

-bdb

vmcfalls
05-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I 've been kinda thinking about looking into the macro recording function in windows xp to see if I can set up a macro to toggle the keyer on/off. T-Caster is in the C drive, so who knows. Haven't tried it yet. I'm waiting for my classes to be over so I can play around a bit. Anyone else tried it?

Also, I'm going to try and install gadwin print screen for screen captue, it's a really small app that I have on al my other machines to do tutorials for my students. Once again I have no idea if this will run resident while t-casters running. Ii'm going to try it in a week or so and see.

If anyone is interested we have the key stroke sequence for doing a live show while toggling back and forth to keep a png/jpg on air without losing the key.

Vern "Mick" McFalls :D

vmcfalls
05-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Vern,

I think that you are onto something important. What about a full-time (means working on the switcher interface regardless of what lower tab is open) toggle that turns Chroma Key on or off? That has implications beyond your good use. It comes into play for iVGA real often, as well.

Nes Gurley

You know, your right. The interface needs a bit of work. Toggling the keyer and the camera set up tab would be great. We use the set up tab for additional cameras (NTSC) to do shots in other parts of the building w/ 2.4 GHZ transmitters to carry our audio/VO signal so students can cut to other areas for show content. I wonder if someone whos a toaster script kiddie has thought about this.
Vern

John Perkins
05-12-2006, 06:56 AM
I've attached what I believe to be the complete shortcut list as of the newest patch.

A few were added in the patch, so make sure that you are up to date. They were very good suggestions.

bdbusch
05-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Any word on screen prints?