PDA

View Full Version : cleaning your dongle

griggsyboy
04-24-2006, 02:40 AM
ooo-er - well i just found out that if say by accident you accidently leave your usb dongle in your pocket and stick it in the washing machine even with a dry cycle - it still works and smells and feels comfort fresh!

WhiteBoy
04-24-2006, 03:04 AM
Ha ha! Lemony fresh dongle!

I've found that most electronics tend to handle water pretty well as long as you don't try to send any power through them until they're dry.

Capt Lightwave
04-24-2006, 05:46 AM
it still works and smells and feels comfort fresh!

LOL, combined dongle and air freshener....

DrTWT
04-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Ha ha! Lemony fresh dongle!

I've found that most electronics tend to handle water pretty well as long as you don't try to send any power through them until they're dry.

I carried my dell laptop in a nylon carrying case through a torrential rainstorm~ about 3 blocks~ had no other options at the time (no umbrella, etc)

the laptop got soaked quite thoroughly. everything pulled through OK after sitting out for about a week, except I lost the bottom row of my keyboard, and my enter and esc key.

badllarma
04-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I usually loose a few keyboards a year to a pints of beer :D they may dry out but you always end up with keys stuck down. Thats why I only ever use the maplin specials at 5.00 to 10.00. :)

nevmoor
04-24-2006, 09:38 AM
The main problem is that water has minerals in it. I would get some distilled water and actually rinse the stick thouroughly again and let it dry out. YOu should be good. I HOPE!!!

Verlon
04-24-2006, 02:35 PM
cleaning your dongle just sounds wrong...

mav3rick
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
iv found some money washed in my pants today... now it also smells mountain spring:) and they look clean as new.... :) tommorow ill go to shopping wiith it

Speedmonk42
04-24-2006, 03:10 PM
cleaning your dongle just sounds wrong...

No kidding.

I am biting my tongue.

Verlon
04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
mav3rick: Careful that you do not run afoul of maney laundering laws. They put people in jail for that. The mountain spring smell would be a dead giveaway if there are no mountains nearby.

Signal to Noise
04-24-2006, 03:31 PM
No kidding.

I am biting my tongue.

Better than biting your...ahem!...dongle, I guess. :D

Adrian Lopez
04-24-2006, 07:47 PM
cleaning your dongle just sounds wrong...Not cleaning it sounds even worse. :D

AbnRanger
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Imagine telling unsuspecting folks at the water cooler that "you washed your dongle today"....
Good way to bring an abrupt end to an otherwise normal conversation. :D
By the way, MAKE SURE you don't say that in front of any kids...you might suddenly find eating tv dinners in a small jail cell.

DiedonD
04-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Imagine telling unsuspecting folks at the water cooler that "you washed your dongle today"....
Good way to bring an abrupt end to an otherwise normal conversation. :D
By the way, MAKE SURE you don't say that in front of any kids...you might suddenly find eating tv dinners in a small jail cell.

Its name and shape kinda look like a...."dongle" . And it has becomed fashionable for new softwares to have a dongle like UNFOLD3d for example.

What did the designers had in mind when creating such a shape with that a name, when your computer could end up with up to 8 donlges (thats how many USB's I have) per software :D and one bigger and pinker than the other :D

WhiteBoy
04-25-2006, 08:51 AM
Dongle...

Giggle!

What were they thinking?

DrTWT
04-25-2006, 10:04 AM

dongles should be cleaned before bitten... (as least that's what they tell me)