PDA

View Full Version : NewTek User Party Report

deejay
04-24-2006, 01:21 AM
As promised here's what happened ...
Newtek kept us waiting in a room set up for the 3 party support guys while they prepared the main room for their presentation. They had hats and T shirts for everyone and the T shirt has a nice Speed Edit logo on the front.
The door to the presentation room finally opened about 20 minutes late but boy was the wait worth it.
Jim Plant the President of Newtek said that this NAB would be the biggest for the company in the number of products they would be showcasing.
They started off by giving an overview of LW 9 showing features that I didn't have a clue of what they were talking about:stumped:
Don Ballance and Ralph Messina were there back working with Newtek and demo'd 3DArsenal.
Then Phillip Nelson showed the new Tricaster PRO ... it has component inputs on the video side and xlr connections on the audio side .... it allows you to set the time duration on pictures so that you can make it automatically transition to the next input. Go to next message

deejay
04-24-2006, 01:33 AM
The Tricaster Pro also allows you to record full rez video and broadcast to the internet at the same time. It includes waveform monitor and vectorscope and 10 hours of video storage. ... it can auto calibrate the cameras ... it can do pull and push streaming. It has mic trim and it retails for $6995 and will ship in about a month.

Speed Edit was next demo'd ... when you first light it off it opens a box asking what resolution you want to edit in .. HD? SD? 16 x 9? 4x3? etc. But you can mix any resolution of any clips in real time. QT, MPEG2, Flash, HD, SD and he showed it doing this. He showed overlays in HD with real time PIP .. very cool. We now have 3 band color correction and we can do color correction using the waveform monitor and vectorscope ... all keyframeable.
Cost.. $500

Next message

deejay
04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
VT5 was then demo'd .. it includes Speed Edit and the ability to have mutiple downstream keys. Shipping this summer for $595 upgrade to 5 with LW 7.5 (I think)

The secret that Newtek isn't ready yet to tell the world about is the HD Tricaster ... Kiki Stockhammer unveiled it but Dr. Cross himself demo'd the unit. It'll cost $15000 when it's ready. The Doc showed 4 or 5 streams of HD with DVE's .. overlays and lower 3d's all in real time. Unbeliveable!

Ok, guys that's it for now ... I'm heading back to NAB tomorrow to try to win Speed Edit by wearing my new T shirt.

David
04-24-2006, 01:49 AM
I see your up posting........................................... ..:I_Love_Ne

kltv
04-24-2006, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the report! Sounds like even more great things are ahead for NewTek! I wish I could have been there!

Kris

pnelson
04-24-2006, 03:46 AM
It was a great event! The room was packed, we showed some great new stuff and got to hang out with some very cool people!

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at our booth tomorrow.

If you can't make NAB, watch the announcements/demos on our webcast www.newtektv.com

wvp
04-24-2006, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the report, you did a great job condensing it. Now I REALLY wish I was there. I asked a friend to stop in and check it out, I hope he made it!

Cineman
04-24-2006, 07:17 AM
Very good, very comprehensive report deejay. Best I have read yet.

Nes Gurley

DiscreetFX
04-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Yup, Newtek's demo was rock on, one of the best in many years. Lots of new awesome stuff from the guys in Topeka........ I mean Texas. They also setup a great area for 3rd party developers and printed nice huge signs for us.

:)

Rich Deustachio
04-24-2006, 08:27 AM
Not that it doesn't sound fantastic but is there any other changes in Speed Edit compared to VTedit other than the ability to edit HD and other formats and the color correction? Any change in the interface etc.?

BillF
04-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I have to agree that NewTek rocks and the new stuff is pretty exiting. In fact they had so much new stuff that none of it got demoed extensivly so I guess there still is a reason to actually hit the show floor today. Speededit is on my must have list. Also I stumbled across this while doing some google searches http://newteknique.blogspot.com/ He mentions an 8 input SDI input for the VT anyone no more about this?

Bill

Jim Capillo
04-24-2006, 08:31 AM
Not that it doesn't sound fantastic but is there any other changes in Speed Edit compared to VTedit other than the ability to edit HD and other formats and the color correction? Any change in the interface etc.?

Sounds like SpeedEDIT is the same for both the standalone and VT[5], Rich...

VT5 was then demo'd .. it includes Speed Edit and the ability to have mutiple downstream keys.

DiscreetFX
05-02-2006, 03:59 AM
It would be nice if someone made a video of the NewTek NAB 2006 Party available for everyone. I would even buy it.

:)

tfrank
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I did see someone shooting with a Canon camera...an XL1 I think. One of the best parts for me were the tables for the 3rd party developers. It was a great to see Bob of Toastergarage fame and his plugins in action. It was even more fun, when I was one of the lucky persons to reach under my chair in the presentation room to find an envelope that contained a free copy of Oasis TitleFX! Thank you Bob and NewTek!

ted
05-02-2006, 10:05 AM
I missed the part with the prizes under the chairs. I was trying to keep an eye on Eric Pratt! :hey: Thanks to Blain I was able to visit others!
Great seeing everyone. Thanks NewTek for keeping this great event going!!!:thumbsup:

Jim Capillo
05-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I missed the part with the prizes under the chairs.

No wonder the free HD Studio cameras went unclaimed !!!!! :D