PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer - Important

newtekker04
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey,

I posted a thread a few days ago in regards to a problem I was having reloading a Motion Mixer scene and having my model and bones screwed big time. I tried numerous different setups and still encountered the same problem.

I wasn't getting any responses so I searched elsewhere. I came across a similar topic on the SpinQuad forums. Someone else was having MM problems along the lines of my problem. User uncon posted this reply:

"One thing you might want to check is make sure all your bones have unique names, bone(1) bone(2) may cause problems with Motion Mixer. If you go through and uniquely name every bone it may fix the problem."

I went back and checked my model and all my bones were named in this way (bone (1), bone (2), etc.). This was the default naming convention used when I converted my skelegons into bones. Well, I renamed every bone, giving them a distinct and clear name. I redid my MM setup, saved the scene, reloaded, and presto - the scene was normal! The model was set exactly as I left him and my motion data was preserved!

I suppose this is a small bug Newtek needs to address. I'm certain others will encounter this same problem, so I felt I should share this with everyone.:thumbsup:

Wonderpup
04-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Hi newtekker04,

Thanks for taking the time to post this- usefull stuff- glad you found an answer.

Dodgy
04-24-2006, 03:10 AM
Yeah :)

I always keep all my bones named individually (at least within one skeleton, between skeletons I try to keep the naming consistent so motions can be reused) as quite a few plugins use names rather than object agents (the LW prefered method of keeping track of objects) and can get confused with objects.