PDA

View Full Version : Time stretch

neilp
04-22-2006, 08:17 AM
:help: I have a flythrough architectural animation that i set over 750 frames, I have keyed my camera to rotate, change direction and ascend along its path. the thing i would like to do is 'stretch' my timeline to say 1000 frames and have all the keyframes stretch proportionally to suit. Is this possible???

jeremyhardin
04-22-2006, 09:14 AM
yep, you can select all your animated items (cameras, lights, object, etc) and in the classic scene editor, select Scale Times for selected items. Scale them all by 1.33333 with a start frame just before your first keyframe and your end frame just after your last one.

a 750 frame anim instantly becomes a 1000 frame animation.

richdj
04-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Yes, it's possible, not too sure if this is the correct way, but seems to work on a very simple scene...

open graph editor > select all channels you want to expand > select the frames (all except the first frame)..

in the selection boxes (bottom Left of the graph) selext the middle button > 'ctrl + L mouse' expands the time as in 'h' stretch...

http://www.3dthunder.com/expanding time.jpg

Hope this helps..

Rich

Wonderpup
04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
I suppose you could use motion mixer for this by making the camera an actor, and creating an action from its motion- then you could scale it to any lengh in the mixer- might give a bit more flexibiltiy.