PDA

View Full Version : WhoooooHoooooooo!!!

Whelkn
05-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Well I just finished a 200 picture 2A high school graduation video in 4 days. Talk about no sleep.! I used Lightwave for a cg interior shot of the school and Digital Fusion for the animated back drops and compositing some video footage into some shots and Aura for animating the pictures and titles. The school called me up to help them because they werent happy with the power point presentation(Go figure). I didnt want to back away from the challenge so I tried to make it the best I could. As it turns out everyone else thought it was great and I have now made over 500 bucks on tape sales. Not a bad chunk of change for a poor college student(I know what your thinking. how can he be poor if he owns a toaster and digital fusion----Im poor because I own them but they have paid for themselves.):D I just thought I would share my little story with you guys. I think I came away with a great slogan for the toaster from all this----

Video Toaster, Its better then Power Point!!!

Well Here are some screen shots---thanks for wasting your time reading this

I used Digital Fusion for this shot---I did this a couple times on different shots going from color to sepia with voices fading out as it changes.

Whelkn
05-24-2003, 08:40 PM
I used Aura to animate the pics and DF to make the background and I composited it in Toaster edit.

Whelkn
05-24-2003, 08:45 PM
in this pic---after the pictures fad away the background comes into focus and moves around to different people saying funny things that happened to them and others then it blurs back up and the slide show continues. I used Digital Fusion for this.

Whelkn
05-24-2003, 08:49 PM
This shot was done in lightwave---a yearbook is on the table and when the camera gets there the book opens and moves into the book and then the video starts

Paul Lara
05-25-2003, 07:28 AM
WOW!

Most excellent job. You should be proud.

Whelkn
05-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Thanks Paul

Rich Deustachio
05-25-2003, 11:27 PM
The screen shots look great, any chance of seeing some of it streaming?

Whelkn
05-26-2003, 12:12 AM
Well I might be able to do that if I can find a site to put it up on. Maybe now is a good time to buy some web space. Thanks for the complement.

Liber777
05-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Great job! You should post in the Digital Fusion gallery. It's getting lonely in there!

Warmest,
Stivan

woot
06-03-2003, 08:18 AM
Great work! Your clients must be very pleased, as should you! And your slogan "Video Toaster: Better Than Power Point"-- LOL!