PDA

View Full Version : Want a FREE copy of SpeedEDIT?

Paul Lara
04-20-2006, 01:38 PM
VT[5] will come with SpeedEDIT included (called SpeedEDIT VT), but NewTek will be providing information on how current VT customers can get a free, separate, STAND-ALONE license of SpeedEDIT for you to run on a laptop or another PC. Details will be announced at the NewTek NAB end user event this Sunday evening.
Riviera Hotel
Ballroom C 8:00pm

Hope to see you there!

robewil
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, I'm intrigued.

prospector
04-20-2006, 01:49 PM
For those of us who can't make it?

JoelKarr
04-20-2006, 02:06 PM
:thumbsup: :I_Love_Ne

Brian Peterson
04-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm more interested in what the upgrade price of VT5 will be. Reall, I don't use the switcher, aura or lightwave and only need one seat of the nle. I could see just abandoning VT in favor of starting over with SpeedEdit if the costs are too far apart.

Of course laptop editing with a second seat.

nevmoor
04-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Do you even have to ask!!!
Please tell us that can't attend that it's not just an NAB special!!
Please!?PLease?!

Paul Lara
04-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Please tell us that can't attend that it's not just an NAB special!

I just said the announcement would be made at NAB, not that this was limited to NAB. ;)

prospector
04-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Woo Hoo!!!

badllarma
04-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I just said the announcement would be made at NAB, not that this was limited to NAB. ;)

Does this include European users as well Paul?

wvp
04-21-2006, 07:04 AM
Want a FREE copy of SpeedEDIT?
:help: While your at it, if you could throw in a free plane ticket, I'd be more than happy to come and listen to whatever you have to say! Of course I'll have to "call in sick" a few days, but that's my problem!:screwy: :D

Paul Lara
04-21-2006, 07:58 AM
Does this include European users as well Paul?

This would be a question for NewTek Europe to answer if/when they are ready.

Original1
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM

I hope so I just upgraded to VT[4.6] in anticipation.

Nothing ever makes it to this side of the pound, remember guys we helped to found your great nation, Aura was made in France, so what happened to the special relationship:hey:

badllarma
04-21-2006, 11:27 AM

Very strange I thought Newtek was one company? Newtek Europe being part of that company. I thought the days the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing were over, certainly with my experience with Lightwave.

Paul Lara
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Very strange I thought Newtek was one company?

NewTek is one company, but we are distributed in Europe through NewTek Europe.

eon5
04-21-2006, 10:19 PM
STAND-ALONE license of SpeedEDIT for you to run on a laptop or another PC.

Can this version read/write .rtv file format ?

JReble
04-24-2006, 09:43 AM
So what's the dealio on the upgrade plan for VT4 to VT5? And can anyone now clarify what comes with the upgrade? Do software only upgrades in fact get a standalone speededit license with the software upgrade to vt5?

Do Tell.....I got money here....but not for much longer.

Scott Bates
04-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Posted from NAB by Mark Woollard: (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VTNT/message/88224)

"VT[5] upgrade $595 with LW 7.5/$995 with LW 9. All new price $6495

* purchase pre-release through June 30/06 and receive 3 bonuses of PEG
(not sure what that is), Ministry package and copy of SpeedEDIT.

JReble
04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Thanks Scott, and while I know you and most others are at NAB....That post just created more questions.

1. The $595 upgrade includes the add-ons including the standalone speed edit, right?

2. If we have VT4 that shipped with lightwave 8.5, why would anyone in their right mind want a $595 upgrade with lightwave 7.5 that takes them back a version? Isn't there an upgrade option that maintains the status quo at LW v8.5?

I wouldn't want to nitpick, but I also don't want to pay for a version of lightwave twice, bundled or not. I have high hopes that, if this is the case, Newtek would find a way to remedy it. I'm ready to spend some money on 3 updates, but I don't want to accidentally go the wrong route. If anyone gets a chance, please see if the Newtek folks can clarify this stuff with a quick post. Thanks.

Norman
04-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I had the same reservations and anxiously await this answer, as I've already preordered LW9.

inquisitive
04-24-2006, 07:00 PM
What does VT5 software upgrade offer? (specially if you have the vt2 card)?

So vt5 includes speed edit VT, and if you pre-order you also get speed edit stand alone?

so besides that.. what does VT5 Software offer over VT4?

Brian Peterson
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I had the same reservations and anxiously await this answer, as I've already preordered LW9.

Then you pay a grand.

Tricaster Pro-$6995 shipping May 2006:

* play a still with timing
* BNC and XLR connectors
* Component in
* 10 hours storage
* auto calibrate 3 cameras
* record full res video and stream at the same time
* mic trim
* more info to be revealed in the booth

SpeedEDIT $495 shipping June 2006

* mix HD and SD clips in same project
* mix formats--avi, mpeg2, QT, Flash
* all frame rates
* preview real-time, full-res HD
* SD clips interanlly scaled to HD
* real-time 3-wheel cc
* white balance auto correction
* get spotted wearing a SpeedEDIT t-shirt on the NAB floor and get a
certificate for a free copy of SpeedEDIT (odds of winning unknown)

VT[5] upgrade $595 with LW 7.5/$995 with LW 9. All new price $6495

* purchase pre-release through June 30/06 and receive 3 bonuses of PEG
(not sure what that is), Ministry package and copy of SpeedEDIT.

Tricaster HD $15000 delivery date not stated

* 1 DVI, 3 HD inputs
* Simultaneous HD and SD out
* Andrew demoed 5 streams of HD working in real time (there was a
"heat related" video glitch)
* multiple DSK

robewil
04-25-2006, 12:19 AM
What does VT5 software upgrade offer? (specially if you have the vt2 card)?

So vt5 includes speed edit VT, and if you pre-order you also get speed edit stand alone?

so besides that.. what does VT5 Software offer over VT4?I think the biggest addition is it now allows SDI switching.

sierra
04-25-2006, 03:02 PM
My only question left is would VT5 run on Win2KPro? Mirage has been so stable on it, I wouldn't upgrade to WinXP unless VT5 requires it. Oh and when can we place our order to get the bonuses mentioned? This is a deal tooo gooood to miss.

Sierra

Cineman
04-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Requires XP.

Randall Chesbro
04-25-2006, 05:23 PM
How come we are not hearing anything about VT5? or is it just VT4.6 with speed edit.?

sierra
04-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Requires XP.

Thanks for the answer.

OK one last dumb question: can I get XP home version or must it be the Pro, if you know?

Sierra

wvp
04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the answer.

OK one last dumb question: can I get XP home version or must it be the Pro, if you know?

Sierra
"Windows® XP Professional (SP2)"
Check out all the specs:http://www.newtek.com/vt/requirements.php

robewil
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
How come we are not hearing anything about VT5? or is it just VT4.6 with speed edit.?Probably because the biggest thing about VT[5] is that it includes SpeedEdit.

I suspect that offering an extra stand-alone copy of SpeedEdit was Newtek's way of keeping us VT users who only use VT for editing to upgrade to VT[5] and not just get SpeedEdit. The way I see it, $595 gets me 2 copies of SpeedEdit. That will most likely be my move.

J_Camp
04-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Well I guess I'm a dork! I just spent the bucks to upgrade to 4.6 this past weekend...guess I should've waited and just upgraded to VT[5]. Oh well.

kltv
04-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Don't worry, if you just bought it you qualify for a free upgrade to VT[5] when it is released! 4.6 is a very good build anyway. It will serve you well until [5].

Kris

JReble
04-26-2006, 06:49 AM
I'm still desperate to hear confirmation if the VT5 software upgrade @ $495 includes the extra standalone speededit as well. And if so, how soon can I order? I've got a budget year in the process of closing.

wvp
04-26-2006, 07:15 AM
I'm still desperate to hear confirmation if the VT5 software upgrade @ $495 includes the extra standalone speededit as well. And if so, how soon can I order? I've got a budget year in the process of closing.
While not official, word is if you agree to buy VT5 before its released it would include a stand alone speededit for us loyal customers.
Offical word I would guess will come next week at the earliest.

Cineman
04-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Apologies Sierra,

Should have given a more complete answer, but was off to a shoot, and temporarily couldn't find my links. I am also running Windows 2K, and hadn't yet been pushed to upgrade, enough. When I saw the spec I made the mental note. But when you posted, I couldn't quickly find my links, and had to leave.

Memory was that it was at NewTek, but from Jeff's link (Thanks Jeff) you can see how it is not that easy to recognize. Basically the recommended specs for VT[4] are the required specs for VT[5], but that also is not easy to recognize.

Here is the link to the place where I first read about this, post 13, from Philip Nelson at NewTek. He then links to the same as Jeff directed you. Is even a little hard to note the Operating System requirement as the lines stopped being double spaced at that item.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48811

We'll need to upgrade :(

Nes Gurley

sierra
04-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Apologies Sierra,

Should have given a more complete answer, but was off to a shoot, and temporarily couldn't find my links. I am also running Windows 2K, and hadn't yet been pushed to upgrade, enough. When I saw the spec I made the mental note. But when you posted, I couldn't quickly find my links, and had to leave.

Nes Gurley

No apology necessary, of course. Thanks so much for filling me in. I'm looking for the best price for XP Pro this morning and will put my order in to NewTek the second they announce. This is really a great bargain.

Sometimes both my husband and I need to use VTEdit and have to wait one another out. With two copies of SpeedED, our lives will be so much easier.

Thanks again,

Sierra

Jim_C
04-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Hi Sierra,

Don't worry about Mirage and XP. It is as solid and rock steady as 2k. I know how dear your fabulous Mirage creations are to you. You won't miss a beat.

Jim

pnelson
04-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Nes,

Just wanted to let you know that we missed you at NAB this year!!

Cineman
04-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Mornin Philip. Too kind. Probably shouldn't have allowed myself to get so ticked at not being invited to show product, my "jobs-pac" of Title/Overlay Templates at the NewTek meeting. (You know, all that equal treatment of all Third Party developers, jazz.)

You know that I am on pins and needles about the AIM awards. You should know now, or in a few minutes. Will probably hear on the stream, or post this thread or E-mail me at [email protected] Did you know that since I had show credentials, I was able to vote from here? You don't need to ask where my vote went.

If we don't win this year, I think we can console ourselves that it was the diversity of products shown at the NewTek Booth. It was simpler last year, with the obvious choice being the all new TriCaster. The new Pro is more evolutionary than revolutionary. Anyway, plenty of time to commiserate later, if we don't get it.

Thanks Again,

Nes

robewil
04-26-2006, 08:51 AM
I'm still desperate to hear confirmation if the VT5 software upgrade @ $495 includes the extra standalone speededit as well. And if so, how soon can I order? I've got a budget year in the process of closing.The "official statement" from Jim Plant, CEO of Newtek, is that the upgrade price of VT[5] with Lightwave 9 is $995 and the upgrade price of VT[5] with Lightwave 7.5 is $595. Either upgrade gets you an additional stand-alone SpeedEdit. $495 is the price of stand-alone SpeedEdit.

ted
04-26-2006, 09:00 AM
Sierra, that could be NewTek's new marketing slogan, "Save your marriage, buy a VT5". :thumbsup:

It’s going to be nice to have Speed Edit on location for us. With tapeless acquisition we’ll be dumping our files to the laptop. The wow factor for our clients has just gone up!
I haven’t heard NewTek promote this at the show though??? :screwy:

sierra
04-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi Sierra,

Don't worry about Mirage and XP. It is as solid and rock steady as 2k. I know how dear your fabulous Mirage creations are to you. You won't miss a beat.

Jim

Thanks for your kindness about my drawing. It is very reasuuring to hear that XP is so stable. I am double eager now to place my order. The offer will probably go out in an e-mail to VT customers, don't you think?

Ted: You just may have something there....the family that edits together....

Sierra

Franklin
04-27-2006, 06:49 AM
[QUOTE=Paul Lara]VT[5] will come with SpeedEDIT included (called SpeedEDIT VT), but NewTek will be providing information on how current VT customers can get a free, separate, STAND-ALONE license of SpeedEDIT for you to run on a laptop or another PC. Details will be announced at the NewTek NAB end user event this Sunday evening.
Riviera Hotel
Ballroom C 8:00pm

So where are the details about this free offer?

Franklin

Scott Bates
04-27-2006, 08:04 AM
See posts #17, 21 and 38 in this thread - pre-order VT[5] by 6/30/06 and we get a free copy of the stand-alone version of SpeedEDIT.

jeremy092288
04-27-2006, 11:48 AM
We have have the VT[4.6] so we should get a free vt5 upgrade....but do we get a free speededit upgrade also?

If this has already been explained I'm sorry.

ted
04-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Jeremy, you don't get a free VT5 upgrade for owning VT4.6 unless you bought it after Feb.???
When you upgrade to VT5 you get the free standalone Speed Edit to use as you wish.

pnelson
04-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Jeremy,

When did you purchase the VT[4] or VT[4] upgrade?

Thanks,

J_Camp
04-28-2006, 09:58 PM
I just bought it last weekend, so I guess I'm good for the free upgrade to VT[5]. Super.

originalmm
04-29-2006, 01:11 AM
Jeremy,

When did you purchase the VT[4] or VT[4] upgrade?

Thanks,

Phil,

I have a query I brought VT[4.6] full upgrade from VT[3] for 995 Euros from Newtek Europe a couple of days before NAB (20th of April).

I already preOrdered LW9 for my standalone copy.

1) Will the free VT[5] upgrade include LW9?

2)Will this qualify in Europe for a free copy of Speed Edit?

I have another VT card which I was thinking of doing a hardware upgrade on.

Will the there be a hardware upgrade path and will VT[5] require any kind of additional hardware?

What kind of spec do you need to capture and switch HD?

It might be useful to publish the specs for recommended hardware configurations for 1) HD editing and 2) HD switching

I tried to contact you befor NAB but I guess you were busy

jeremy092288
04-29-2006, 04:55 AM
Purchased Boxed VT[4] 3.28.06 from B&H. Havn't even opened it yet.

We also have another toaster that we purchased back in Early January or Late December. I'm unaware of the update purchase date for this one.

sierra
04-30-2006, 11:22 AM
How do you pre-order? I've been looking over the site and haven't found where to do that yet. It's probably obvious.

Thanks,

Sierra

Zane Condren
04-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Phil,

I have a query I brought VT[4.6] full upgrade from VT[3] for 995 Euros from Newtek Europe a couple of days before NAB (20th of April).

I already preOrdered LW9 for my standalone copy.

1) Will the free VT[5] upgrade include LW9?

2)Will this qualify in Europe for a free copy of Speed Edit?

I have another VT card which I was thinking of doing a hardware upgrade on.

Will the there be a hardware upgrade path and will VT[5] require any kind of additional hardware?

What kind of spec do you need to capture and switch HD?

It might be useful to publish the specs for recommended hardware configurations for 1) HD editing and 2) HD switching

I tried to contact you befor NAB but I guess you were busy

Just a reminder the VT5 is the same hardware as the VT4 it does not do HD switching only HD editing via firewire. We have recommended hardware specs here, http://www.newtek.com/vt/requirements.php .