PDA

View Full Version : Is there any utils like fcheck?

stevecullum
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any free/small fee utilites like Maya's Fcheck?

Red_Oddity
04-20-2006, 09:55 AM
XnView (over 400 formats and alround good image viewer)

stevecullum
04-20-2006, 10:07 AM
Can it preview anims/sequentail files too?

Wickster
04-20-2006, 11:41 AM
I use VirtualDub. Though it only takes .TGA, .PNG, .JPG and .BMP at the time. It is very-very fast for previewing image sequence files, faster than fcheck i believe. Another good point about this app is that it has filters to enhance your image sequence, like motion blurs and some of the filters will give you real time animation feedback. It lets you save to AVI (DIVX, XVID, HUFFYUV and other AVI codec installed on your system) or back to image files.

It's an opensource so all documentation are provided by its users. But for previewing purposes it works great. And support is...well it's opesource. But like I said if you just want an image previewer then this is worth considering.

http://www.virtualdub.org/index

there is also a mod to this though its not updated anymore but pretty stable. the mod is called, you guessed it "VirtualDubMod." It adds a couple of functionalitis like easier Subtitling, adding/deleting streams like multiple audio and stuff.

Red_Oddity
04-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Well, XnView doesn't do image sequences (unless you got a really really fast HDD RAID)
FrameCycler is brilliant, but it's not free...Actually, it's pretty expensive...
VirtualDub is a great tool aswell, it even allows you to scrub MPEG files.
Also, Quicktime has a well working Image Sequence loader...with export to QT files offcourse.

ercaxus
04-20-2006, 02:51 PM
irfanview might be useful.

Titus
04-20-2006, 07:31 PM
I use Quicktime Pro.

stevecullum
04-21-2006, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. There is a rew options to explore there, and I didn't know about the QT thing, so might give that a go. Ideally, I need something that will playback RPF format sequences, but so far that look like the costly option!

Cheers - Steve

Red_Oddity
04-21-2006, 04:47 AM
Hmmm...just found this, haven't tried it that hard yet, it went haywire on our server (seems it doesn't like very large folders with a lot of sequences)

http://www.tv-player.com/

stevecullum
04-21-2006, 04:54 AM
Were you using it accross a network?

Beacuse it may have to play back locally - mmm...will DL trial and see what happens.

Red_Oddity
04-21-2006, 05:55 AM
yup, we run everything over network to our server