PDA

View Full Version : Version 7 to 9

3D Kiwi
04-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Not sure if this has be asked before but does anyone know if there will be any issues with scenes, models, textures, morphs etc made in version 7 being used in 9?

Will be upgrading this year but want to start on a personal project now with version 7, just dont want any hassles taking what i make to 9.

Thanks

badllarma
04-20-2006, 06:58 AM
No one can give you info do to NDA's (any one on the beta teams that is) but speaking from personal experience it would be very unusual for a software company to bring out a version that is not compatable with previous version.

So you should be able to go from 7 to 9 no problems BUT not 9 to 7 due to the large number of new features we have seen in the videos.

I'm sure some one in the know from Newtek could clarify this for you though. Try PM Chuck or Proton, if no one drops by this message in the next 24 hours :)

metahumanity
04-20-2006, 07:57 AM
As long as you donīt use any of the features there should be no reason at all to interchange between the two.

Weighted edges and node texturing/displacement should be the only incompatibilities between the two versions.

(No Nda for me, just speculating..)

Chuck
04-20-2006, 08:14 AM
LightWave v9 will use content from any earlier version of LightWave with no problems.

3D Kiwi
04-21-2006, 12:18 AM
thanks for the reply