PDA

View Full Version : How to get emitter to emmit random letters

hunter
04-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone.
I did a search but probably not using the right keywords :o Is there away to get a particle emmiter to spew out random letters of the alphabet? I know FX linker can use objects but thay all need to be different ones for what I'm doing. Thanks

munky
04-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Hi Hunter,

If you make a multi-layered object that consists of loads of random letters.
One letter per layer. Make your particle effect then if you select all of your layers, tell fxlinker to duplicate say 10 times ( so you get each layer attached to a particle and replicated 10 times over with each one attached to different particles); add your randomisation parameters to scale and rotate the linked object layers differently you should get a pretty random looking effect.

regards

paul

hunter
04-19-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks Munky. :0 So fx linker will read layers eh? good to know.

munky
04-19-2006, 12:30 PM
Hi

This is just ABCDEF

regards

paul

hunter
04-19-2006, 02:02 PM
Right on! That helps a lot. I think I got it, but is there an easier way to select all layers and add them t fx linker at once? I kept scrolliing through the ever increasing list.

munky
04-19-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi Hunter

Just select the first layer and then shift select the last one and you will have all your layers selected then open fx linker and bobs your uncle! The (top right) fx linker pane will tell you how many layers have been selected.

regards

paul