PDA

View Full Version : Finally took the plunge

Maxx
04-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Just now purchased the 9 pre-upgrade through Kurv store! Now, how long does it take to get the beta information and when and where can I download my CADTools? Also, anybody who's ordered through Kurve (thanks for the deal, Wes!), how long does it take for them to ship out Vue? I can't wait! :rock: :jam: :boogiedow

RadDog2
04-19-2006, 09:00 AM
I've ordered a bunch of videos and they were very prompt. I made mistake of
ordering one I already had and they sent the replacement right away. I also
ordered the upgrade from them and got access in short order to the CAD tools
which are by the way a GREAT Deal!

Maxx
04-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Excellent - thank you! I figured it was gonna be a good experience all the way around, but nice to hear it from someone who's done it already.

mav3rick
04-19-2006, 09:43 AM
why does ppl think we are interested if they shipped lw9 ? i saw tousands of threads like this

Maxx
04-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Sorry mav3rick - I was just excited about it and wondered if anybody had any experience and could offer an idea of timeframe before I got confirmation and could download the extra goodies. Didn't think it was an offensive post.

kylekoch
04-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Sorry mav3rick - I was just excited about it and wondered if anybody had any experience and could offer an idea of timeframe before I got confirmation and could download the extra goodies. Didn't think it was an offensive post.
Dude ,way to get in on a good deal. Nothing wrong with your post, the thread title is accurate. I like seeing someone excited.
ps Im in Randleman NC
You will enjoy!! lwcad is awsome!
kyle

Maxx
04-19-2006, 12:27 PM
kyle - drop me an e-mail if you ever make it down here to the beach! Love to grab a beer and talk lw!

ShawnStovall
04-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Sorry Maxx, Beta testing was only for the people who pre-orderd v9 before 02-14-06.:lwicon: :)

Signal to Noise
04-19-2006, 12:54 PM
why does ppl think we are interested if they shipped lw9 ? i saw tousands of threads like this

I guess we could also ask the question of why we are interested in the fact you've seen a "t[h]ousand" threads. :twak:

Congrats, maxx. You should be downloading the bonus stuff in no time.

Maxx
04-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Sorry Maxx, Beta testing was only for the people who pre-orderd v9 before 02-14-06.:lwicon: :)
Well poop. I didn't realize that. That's ok - I have a feeling we may see a shipping 9.0 around NAB. Nothing to back that up, it just seems like as good a time as any...

cresshead
04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
re beta of 9...

http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/products/lightwave/lw9openbeta/index.html

are you sure he can't get on the beta program?

Maxx
04-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Which actually raises another question - Should I be expecting an e-mail with the LW product code or whatever to unlock my LWCad tools, or do I have to wait for the Vue disk to arrive via UPS then? I seem to remember someone from Newtek posting that - at one point - once you bought the upgrade, NT would e-mail your codes so you could get in on the beta and the beta forums and unlock LWCad before the Vue disk arrived. I may be remembering incorrectly, though... Either way, Vue should be here by Monday next week at the latest (I certainly hope), but I'd like to play with at least some of the new toys this weekend.

cresshead - thanks for the link - is that applicable to US customers as well? Or am I just missing something? The sign-in for download page on NT US site has the link to the beta, but I've got to enter my 10 digit LW product code to actually download it, which is basically what I'm asking about here - should I be expecting an e-mail or do I have to wait for the disk to arrive?

Chuck
04-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Actually that's not the case - as new purchasers buy LightWave 8.5 updates eligible for v9 free or buy v9 updates, we do provide them the opportunity to join the Open Beta.

Maxx
04-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Rock on! So - not to be pushy - do I have to wait for the arrival of my Vue disk or will everything I need be e-mailed upon processing of the order? Which will hopefully happen soon :D

ShawnStovall
04-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Sorry about that I went off of what I read at first. I just reread that and found that I was wrong.:lwicon:

ShawnStovall
04-19-2006, 08:31 PM
All you have to do is go in like you're registering your product and you'll see two things at the top. One is the link to the Beta registering and the other is for downloading the LWCAD tools.

Maxx
04-21-2006, 04:29 AM
All righty! Kurve finally processed the credit card, which (hopefully) means that Vue is on its' happy way. Now, back to my original question - do I have to wait for Vue to arrive before I get my 10 digit Lightwave code that I have to input in the download pages of both the Beta and the LWCadTools so that I can unlock them, or does Kurve notify NT of the purchase and NT e-mail that number to me? Anybody know? (waiting patiently as possible...)

(which is obviously not all that patient...) :D :lightwave