PDA

View Full Version : Wind "path" not working on cloth object

heynewt
04-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I've got a shot where a piece of cloth needs to sail through the air on a certain path. I've got my cloth object, and I apply a wind to it. Every wind mode works just fine EXCEPT path mode. Path mode has no effect on my cloth object.

I do a test with a partigon emitter and path mode works fine with the particles, but not the cloth object.

Any suggestions?

Robert N.

heynewt
04-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks for looking at this and putting out a sample scene. I'm rendering over lunch, but I'll try it in about an hour. Yes I always hit calculate for cloth effects. I tried it in LW 9 with the new path animation tool, and it worked there, but I couldn't get THAT wind effect to combine with others I needed like "explosion" to get the cloth pieces to scatter a bit as they're blown.

I'll check yours out in just a little while. I'll probably see what I was doing wrong.

Robert N.

HowardM
04-18-2006, 10:55 AM
you did what in LW9?! uhhh? ;)

heynewt
04-18-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry, I was talking about Maya LinearWidth version 9 Path Animation tool. I just used its abbreviation.

you did what in LW9?! uhhh? ;)

HowardM
04-18-2006, 11:52 AM
ahhahaha ;)

heynewt
04-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Sorry,

Some confusion here. I was talking about the path effect for Wind in LW 8.5. Not anything new that might or might not exist. It's the original LW 8.5 path effector for wind that's not working with cloth.

Thanks anyway for the test scene.

I've got a bunch of winds strung together that sort of work. So I'm going to go with this.

Robert