PDA

View Full Version : CG No Longer Saves PNGs

Kevin_P
04-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi, on two separate VT4.6 systems, the CG is no longer saving the PNG files along with the .cg file. Does anyone have an idea what could be going on here?

*Things I've already tried... Reset Configs, run auto config, erase the VTfiles directory(I found some cg files there)....

Thanks for any help,
Kevin Petajan

Jim Capillo
04-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Hmmmm..... it's working here. Can you use "Save image as" as a png? I'd try a un/re-install.

tfrank
04-18-2006, 08:18 AM
This has happened to me on all software versions of VT since VT2. The CG makes a folder but it's empty. When I am in a hurry, I just save the individual .png files. Am now on 4.6c and it happened 3 weeks ago. The only solution that I know of is an uninstall-reinstall. I don't don't know if it's an inherit problem with the CG software or what. I am using a VT2 card. If someone could finally squash this bug, it would be appreciated!

Kevin_P
04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Ughh... I was afraid of that: I hate the reinstall ritual.

Thanks for the replies.
-Kevin P.

chuckd
05-08-2006, 01:47 PM
We've had this happen to us twice. When I called Newtek they said that they are aware of the problem but didn't have an answer as to why it was happening. And, because the CG is installed as part of the overall VT Suite you have to reinstall the whole thing.

This is not good. Considering how much effort goies into a complete reinstall and how easily things can get catywumpus Newtek needs to (a) fix the problem with the CG and (b) redesign the installer so that individual components can be uninstalled/resinstalled.

My twopence,

tfrank
05-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I never un-install/re-install the whole thing, just the first disk with the CG program on it. It takes me about 15 to 20 minutes to un-install/re-install and run the appropriate config program. I am hoping that this bug will be finally squashed in VT5.