PDA

View Full Version : Groovy, simple, UI improvement

toby
04-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Changing Content Directories has always been a 'do I have to do this again?' kind of thing, but I just realized a great way to deal with it.:foreheads

Simply open the Config Menu window and drag the 'Recent Content Directory' command into the 'Main menu/Items' area, and/or use the LScript commander to create a button of projects you know you're going to be using constantly, like the 'Lighting' directory I have here:

gazmon
04-18-2006, 05:32 AM
thats a cool, useful tip!
cheers
Gaz

artstorm
04-18-2006, 07:26 AM
That's a nice method. I also add 'Set Content Directory' and 'Recent Scenes' together with 'Recent Content Directories' and place all three of them under Items->Load. Works really well for me.

mattclary
04-18-2006, 08:07 AM
Toby, your interface looks a lot like Inspire to me! Must be the colors.

toby
04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
That's a nice method. I also add 'Set Content Directory' and 'Recent Scenes' together with 'Recent Content Directories' and place all three of them under Items->Load. Works really well for me.
That makes sense!
I've always had Set Content hot-keyed, but it's the browsing that really I'm sick of.

Busted! I'm a closet Inspire user!

No, I just reverted the color scheme back to 7.5; the best interface ever made. If only I could get the gradients back too
:cry:

Matt
04-20-2006, 08:29 AM
I don't need to do any of that because I've set my content directories up differently from the 'norm' to solve this exact headache!

Means I have to gather a folder from the Scenes, Objects and Images directories when I want to back up a specific project, but it's less hassle than having to change content directories everytime I load a different project.

Each to their own I guess!