PDA

View Full Version : Some improvement to LW8 or what I would like to see in "PROJECT MECCA"

Valter
02-17-2003, 10:55 AM
hi all.

I don't know what's happen at luxology. If lux guys be working in lw8 or another 3d packet (I heard about MECCA) or don't.

I really would like see LW8 or project MECCA get this improvement . I think you guy would like too.

:: Option to use "along normal" as move and rotate points and polygons, and every possible tools to use it. (there is a plugin to move point along normal)

:: Add Edges

:: 3D paint

:: Virtual Mirror to perfect symmetry (like Mirai and Wing3d). LW symmetry have some bugs.

:: Sub-pacth with suport to >4 points

:: Improve UV to work better with Sub-Ds

:: Viper with suport to UV and weights

:: Improve particle system to work fine with liquids and smoke inside another objects.

:: Possibility to pause render like After FX and a display to show render progress (who have 1 PC only. knows what I mean)

:: More UNDOS to layout

:: ADD Edgetools, Edgebevel and Quicksaw to modeler

As more easy I make a composition in viewport as speak english.

Here is some images. I think that will fine LW or LUX project come with it.

EXECUSE MY POOR ENGLISH :(

Valter
02-17-2003, 10:57 AM
Detail of viewport

labuzz
02-18-2003, 02:55 AM
Some things I want to add :

-Highlight selection faces ( very often i havn't selected all the faces i want )

-2 little sliders for clipping planes ( near and far )

-Switch for grid snap settings...If there's no better Autosnap ( on the Fly ) tools ( la Rhino or AutoCad)

-A little toggle for the perspective viewport for switch between differents user's points of view (because we have no cam in modeler )

-Same thing for lights--> switch between differents lighting setup.

Mike Pauza
08-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Awesome stuff Valter.

CB_3D
08-08-2003, 05:56 PM
Yes, very needed, indeed. But a marker dropdown would be better. To keep it clean.

Valter
08-09-2003, 10:14 AM
thanks guys

Oh yeah dropdown will be better and we'll have more space to deselect components :)

Valter
12-31-2003, 11:38 AM
bump

julos
12-31-2003, 12:38 PM
The wire color is a great idea, i'm having difficulties sometimes seing my selection.

pixelinfected
01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by julos
The wire color is a great idea, i'm having difficulties sometimes seing my selection.
wireframe color is just implemeted, you select some poly, go to Detail/sketch color and choose color.
than go to palette near the name of view, and under triangle choose color wireframe, than you see polygon selected changed with color choosed.

Panikos
01-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Well, it needs some more improvement since it works 5%