PDA

View Full Version : Motion Mixer...!

grafikdon
04-16-2006, 04:45 AM
Is there a good tutorial out there (free and commercial) on motion mixer? Ever since I discovered the power of non linear animation, I have been itching to give LW motion mixer a shot...but that enthusiasm has been dampened by some few problems. I have a big problem keeping a second clip from snapping back to the original position...reapeat offset didn't cut it. There is also this issue of object snapping back to their original position once a clip is loaded.

To make my points a little bit clearer, when you have three motion clips (rub,walk,hop) applied to a character, the character snaps back to its original posion insted of moving forward through the three motion clips. Also when I place character on a different position, it snaps back to the original position as soon as I apply the motion clip.

Not sure if I am allowed to say this here but there is a certain program which allows me to place the character anywhere and the character will stay put on that spot when a motion clip is applied. Wish there's a solution to this because I use lightwave a lot.

Will really appreciate any link.

Yeah, I RTFM:hey: over and over but it diddn't cut it. I could get everything right except well...the problem I mentioned above.

toonafish
04-16-2006, 11:32 AM
you have to use the "offset" editor for that. The button on the top right side.

select the second clip, open the offset editor, select the first clip to offset from and set the offset to relative. Do the same with the 3rd clip, but select the second as the offset.

ercaxus
04-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Take a look at this:
http://www.digital-sorcery.com/goodies.htm