PDA

View Full Version : I am lost. Modeling help

hard8
04-15-2006, 12:38 PM
hi.. I got this job modling arrowheads for a TV promo. There are 5 of them and I easily modeled 4 of them so far. However, this one (pictured below) has me stumped. The others where easy to accomplish whith bevels and boleean, but this one has some difficuly geometry. What technique should I use here?

ShawnStovall
04-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Could you give us some concept art?

ACLOBO
04-15-2006, 03:13 PM
I was looknig at this arrow and it is a MEAN arrowhead. The design looks like the point is meant to pierce, while the secondary flared ends keep the wound open and the blood flowing... NASTY........

You could model this with booleans, but I wouldn't. I would use Sub-patches or better yet, lay out the contours with splines. and then patch it together. Yes, patches for the front blade would probably be best.

-Adrian

hard8
04-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I was looknig at this arrow and it is a MEAN arrowhead. The design looks like the point is meant to pierce, while the secondary flared ends keep the wound open and the blood flowing... NASTY........

You could model this with booleans, but I wouldn't. I would use Sub-patches or better yet, lay out the contours with splines. and then patch it together. Yes, patches for the front blade would probably be best.

-Adrian

I was afraid it was gonna be a spline model.

who wants a job?

jasonwestmas
04-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Subpatches with weight mapped edges would work. PM me if you need help.

jasonwestmas
04-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Actually what would be easier is to combine edge bevel with point weights and subpatches. I got a nice crisp edge that way, which would be the most difficult effect to achieve in a case like this.

jasonwestmas
04-15-2006, 09:26 PM
with one more edge bevel you have get an edge that is about a pixel thick I believe. At least that's what it looks like :D

kruemel_1
04-16-2006, 04:29 AM
:D
http://www.bam-3d.com/LW/arrow.jpg
http://www.bam-3d.com/LW/ARROW_v004.zip