PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create patch for hand mesh

Bill K
04-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I am working on the digiwonk rigging tutorials (included with Kurv products & on the Kurv website downloads). I deleted a left hand polygon when first setting up the Zombie cartoon character (in LW 8 content - objects - character folder). Rather than do the whole thing over I am trying to patch my mistake.

I have tried patching the hole by selecting points consecutively and hitting "p" (with sub-d's off). Everything looks good until I press the tab key to turn sub-d's back on & I get a warning window, sub d's turn on anyway, but the "patch" is completely messed up with edges protruding outward from the mesh.

Can anyone point me toward a tutorial or advise me as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any input.

Bill K

Celshader
04-14-2006, 04:32 PM
I am working on the digiwonk rigging tutorials (included with Kurv products & on the Kurv website downloads). I deleted a left hand polygon when first setting up the Zombie cartoon character (in LW 8 content - objects - character folder). Rather than do the whole thing over I am trying to patch my mistake.

I have tried patching the hole by selecting points consecutively and hitting "p" (with sub-d's off). Everything looks good until I press the tab key to turn sub-d's back on & I get a warning window, sub d's turn on anyway, but the "patch" is completely messed up with edges protruding outward from the mesh.

Can anyone point me toward a tutorial or advise me as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks for any input.

Bill K

The hole that you patched has six points. Subpatches must be made up of three-point polygons and four-point polygons. A six-sided polygon will not turn into a subpatch.

If, instead of using one big polygon to fill in the hole, you used two four-point polygons side-by-side, it should work.

Bill K
04-14-2006, 05:16 PM
Thanks! That worked!

Bill K