PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Question :)

davie563
04-14-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi, ive just rendered out 400frames for an animation and i need to apply an effect to each frame. I was wondering if its possible to add the same effect to all the frames in photoshop. instead of loading them in sepretly and doing the same thing, is there an option to apply the same effect to all frames i have open ?

this would be a huge time saver. I pray some1 has an answer LOL

Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Surrealist.
04-14-2006, 08:14 AM
Check out actions.

It is pretty simple. But the best idea is to look in the Photophop online help under actions for instructions.

Basically you record the actions that you perform and then you can play them back on each image. You can even have it save the file as a part of the actions it records into a new folder. It is not a batch processing per say but it is a lot easier than repeating the steps several times over.

The picture shows the Actions tab with a few of the premade actions displayed. But you can create your own.

jeremyhardin
04-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Richard's halfway there. :D

Use photoshop's batch processing to apply your action to every image in a folder. :thumbsup:

Surrealist.
04-14-2006, 11:01 AM
Richard's halfway there. :D

Use photoshop's batch processing to apply your action to every image in a folder. :thumbsup:

There you go. That was the other thing I was looking for but could not find.

Perfect!

byronpetch
04-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Well you could use Photoshops batch processing.

The first thing you need to do is record the action you want to apply to each image. This all seems long winded but when you get the hang of it its a real time saver.

Untill you become familiar with this process I would advise you to make a backup copy of your images.

Open oneof your images
1. Open actions window
2. click arrow in top right
3. select new action. Give it a name and what ever else it asks.
4. carry out the actions you want to record. In this case apply the effect you want.
5. Press the stop record button at the bottom of the actions window.

Close your image without saving it. You now have an action button you can apply at any time. Now to applyit to a batch of images.

6. Select File > Automate > Batch
7. Select the action you just recorded, The folder containing all of the images you want to apply the effect to and a folder to save the new images in.
8. Hit OK and Photoshop will apply the effect o all of your images.

Read up on Actions they do save lots of time.

Matt