PDA

View Full Version : Multishift UPDATE

Lewis
04-13-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi !

I'd like (very much) to get update on Multishift tool in modeler. I'd need just ONE more button what would simulate BEVEL behaviour. Let's say it's called "Single poly". In that way Multishift could shift/belvel all polygons as separate entiti instead just as merged like now and it would streamline- replace bevel/supershift (already did) and smoothsift at same time. Bonus is that I would get one free keyboard shortcut (smooth shift and bevel would just become multishift so "shift+f" or "b" would stay free ;)). Ofcourse old tools would be welcome to stay in modeler also (just for safety and comapatibility reasons) so if anyone still don't like multishift he could use old tools also :).

cheers

P.S. Also speed up for first click when "multishift mode" is ON could be needed in future 'coz it' gets slow when objects have many polygons (it takes 2-4 seconds just to get started while bevel/smooth shift is instant on LMB click.

thanks

Snosrap
04-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Yeah Multishift is a nice tool. A "group" checkmark button would fit the bill nicely. What I don't like about Multishift is the fact that the "Highlighted Steps" don't follow the contours when Multishifting subpatch objects. Also if you look at the "Highlights" closely you'll see that they are made up of multiple "Highlights". (Annoying) Also most of LW's other tools immediately duplicate their last command when "n" is pressed. But Multishift needs to be told to " Quickstore". I think this tool needs some house cleaning, but otherwise it's a nice addition to LW.

Cheers
Snos

Lewis
04-14-2006, 12:54 PM
Yes you are right those multiple lines are little annoying ( and non SubDs mode on them while work on SubD smodel) but i'd live with graphic interface if i have functionality first ;).