PDA

View Full Version : Intensive Lightwave 3D Class?

TheDynamo
04-12-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm looking for a good 3 day lightwave 3D class that I can convince my employer to send me to. I know Safe Harbor Computers had one in Wisconsin (nice on cheese, bad on distance) for three days and that's the kind of thing I'm looking for. Frankly I get interrupted with work often enough that I find myself taking 3 steps forward and 2 steps back so I would need to leave to learn it.

I'm a little above beginner level in LW3D and I would love to widen that level a bit more. I've got the 8.0 signature course from Dan Ablan and I've been running through those when I can. It can definitely be challenging to transfer some of the lessons to 8.5. I'm familiar with 3D workflow and such as I used to use Softimage 3D about 10 years ago but my primary focus during that time has been in After Effects.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

-Dyn

WilliamVaughan
04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Freindsgraph is coming up

SplineGod
04-13-2006, 02:39 AM
Friendsgraph with the 2 day seminars is a good deal.
http://www.kurvstudios.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Seminars

TheDynamo
04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I was thinking about Friendsgraph, unfortunately we've got about 5 projects lined up fairly simultaneously starting near the end of next week and lasting through mid May. The time wouldn't be available to attend a class, I'll be chained pretty much to the desk. Is Friendsgraph pretty much the only seminar style training going on?

-Dyn

SplineGod
04-13-2006, 11:25 AM
We are planning other Seminars this year. No specific dates as of yet.
Digital Arts week down in San Diego is also coming up. These classes are free.
http://www.sdphotoshopusers.com/digartweek/digart_schedule.php

TheDynamo
04-14-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys for the heads up. I'll keep an eye peeled. Heh if enough time passes I can learn enough to go into the intermediate level classes ;) Of course considering tinkering with the new features in LW 9 that could be a while. I'm already getting "The Look"(tm) from the wife when I'm on the computer too long anyway ;)

dablan
04-14-2006, 05:19 PM
We offer custom one on one training - a two day course designed around your specific needs. Recently I trained the people at Hallmark Cards, Reebok, and Towers Productions who produce for the A&E channel. AGA Digital has been an authorized LightWave training facility for about 9 years now.

I've been teaching LightWave personally for over 10 years. I've trained places like ABC in New York, FOX in Minnapolis, the US Army, and many more.

Please feel free to email me directly at danablan at agadigital.com for more info.

SplineGod
04-14-2006, 06:25 PM
TheyDynamo,
Drop me a line and let me know what youre interested in. I do a lot of specialized training that I can do in person or long distance. Im setup to easily do one on one live online or thru custom videos. Ive also got a ton of instructional videos on Lightwave available from my site or KURV Studios. Most cover material you wont find in books or elsewhere. :)

TheDynamo
04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
I'll check with the bosses next week (many are out for various reasons) and see what they want to do. Thanks again guys.

-Rob

Bog
04-17-2006, 05:05 PM
Larry and Dan:

The fact that you're two of the most respected and published members of the international LightWave community and yet take a moment to offer your services... that's amazing, and brilliant.

My hat's off to you, fellers.

SplineGod
04-18-2006, 03:00 AM
Thanks Bog. :)