PDA

View Full Version : keyboard control of start/stop record

Jim Davis
04-12-2006, 11:31 AM
If I launch a capture panel from a DDR is there a way to have a dedicated keystroke that starts and stops the recorder for just that capture panel ?

For Example I have 2 DDR's open I can program a shuttle controller to each one using the dedicated keystrokes for that instance of the DDR. I need to add a record start & stop for each DDR as well . Is this possible ?

ssdcinc
04-12-2006, 02:08 PM
If I launch a capture panel from a DDR is there a way to have a dedicated keystroke that starts and stops the recorder for just that capture panel ?

For Example I have 2 DDR's open I can program a shuttle controller to each one using the dedicated keystrokes for that instance of the DDR. I need to add a record start & stop for each DDR as well . Is this possible ?

Jim,

yes a simple toaster script should be able to do this, just a matter
of assigning keystrokes to the functions that perform stop/start
and then assign the shuttle to these.

Jim Davis
04-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I have already done this but here is my problem.

How would you determin which Capture panel has focus. for example I will have 2 DDRs with 2 capture panels open when I press record on the shuttle set up for DDR 1 I want that capture to start or stop recording into DDR 1 . same with ddr 2. The playback controls have dedicated keystrokes for the first 4 ddrs so settin up the payback buttons is easy. But I cannot find anything in the docs about the record panels .

Is there a way in toasterscript to put focus on the capture panel I want to control prior to the keystroke

Jim Davis
04-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry that is the first 3 DDRS have dedicated keyboard shortcuts

mzafrany
04-12-2006, 11:13 PM
I have already done this but here is my problem.

How would you determin which Capture panel has focus. for example I will have 2 DDRs with 2 capture panels open when I press record on the shuttle set up for DDR 1 I want that capture to start or stop recording into DDR 1 . same with ddr 2. The playback controls have dedicated keystrokes for the first 4 ddrs so settin up the payback buttons is easy. But I cannot find anything in the docs about the record panels .

Is there a way in toasterscript to put focus on the capture panel I want to control prior to the keystroke

This can be done using the "SendScript" command found here:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44345

You need to install it, then do everything from TabbedSwitcher. Select the DDR using SetFocusToWindow( "VideoEditor_DDR", n) command and send the command you need to the ddr using SendScript("VideoEditor_DDR","your commands here").

Hope this helps.

Moshe

Jim Davis
04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
This might work . How do you determin the name of the window to set focus to. for example if I have 2 capture panels open . would they be capture 1 Capture 2 based on the order they where opened in ? or is there a way to change the names to unique names for each

mzafrany
04-13-2006, 11:15 AM
This might work . How do you determin the name of the window to set focus to. for example if I have 2 capture panels open . would they be capture 1 Capture 2 based on the order they where opened in ? or is there a way to change the names to unique names for each

Yes, they would be based on the order they where opened.

Moshe

Jim Davis
04-14-2006, 01:56 AM
SetFocusToWindow( "VideoEditor_DDR", n)

is the n in this command refering to the instance of the ddr

so would the correct command for the recordpanel be
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 1) for the first record panel
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 2) for the second record panel

ect...

Jim Davis
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
Got it working

Thanks for all the help

Jim Davis
04-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Here is the code defining Keystrokes for the first 2 record panel's

// Script to define dedicated keyboard shortcuts for the first 2 instances of the record panel
// Jim Davis

KbdPriority = 100

// Start Stop Capture panel 1

CreateShortCut ("App Alt Shift z", code(
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 1)

FindModule( RecordPanel ) : { if (!IsRecording()) Record()
else Stop() }

), "OrderedFocus", KbdPriority)

// Start Stop Capture panel 1

CreateShortCut ("App Alt Shift x", code(
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 2)

FindModule( RecordPanel ) : { if (!IsRecording()) Record()
else Stop() }

// reset for Capture panel 1

CreateShortCut ("App Alt Shift a", code(
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 1)

FindModule( RecordPanel ) : { if (IsRecording()) Reset() }

// reset for Capture panel 2
CreateShortCut ("App Alt Shift s", code(
SetFocusToWindow( "RecordPanel", 2)

FindModule( RecordPanel ) : { if (IsRecording()) Reset() }