PDA

View Full Version : Image Map turns up white when rendered

_DeviL_
05-23-2003, 08:00 AM
HI

I just got Lightwave 7.0 but I already did some modeling, so I imported a .3ds of a car i made and try to render it but you can see what happend in the pic. I don't get it because in normal view the car looks fine, it has it textured mapped as it should be.

BTW, the texture is a .bmp and in the surface editor the sphere turns up white too.

Notepad
05-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Check the in-program Image Editor and disable alphas if you can. It's possible that if it's a 32-bit .bmp file, the alpha channelc ould be washing out all surface information.

WizCraker
05-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Also I would suggest you download the upgrade to 7.5 and c as it seems to add better support for importing with uv maps. or maybe that is export. hmmm, either way I still suggest the 7.5 update.

_DeviL_
05-24-2003, 04:28 AM
Hmm, i tried to use a .tga and changed the .bmp to 24-bit and 16- bit but everything still shows up white.

Mylenium
05-24-2003, 06:09 AM
This problem is not specifically related to LW. It's some strange (meta)data in the 3DS files converted from MAX that causes this behaviour (obviously LW should ignore this, but it doesn't). The only remedy I know is to use some tools that will change the point order (like the merge tool or FI's Fix Normals) and to assign new (!!!) surfaces to the respective parts. Fiddling with the old surfaces will be useless.

Mylenium