PDA

View Full Version : New LightWave v9 Video - Layout: Node Editor's Displacement Node

Kurtis
04-11-2006, 02:39 PM
We've added a new LightWave v9 Feature Video to the videos page:
http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw9_demos.php

The new video is Layout: Node Editor's Displacement Node
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/Displacement.avi

dablan
04-11-2006, 04:39 PM
Nice stuff Kurtis!

You guys should however make the file types consistent. Some are AVIs, some QTs, both with different codecs.

T-Light
04-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Nice One, Cheers :)
Sorry to jump on your thread Kurtis, but... :)

Dan, your books are crippling my shelves (we're building extra strength shelving into the new study design), what's your plans now you're no longer writing the war & peace stuff?

harlan
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Nice stuff Kurtis!

You guys should however make the file types consistent. Some are AVIs, some QTs, both with different codecs.

Totally agree, mate.

Looks good though guys, keep the vids flowing.

T-Light
04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
ps, I'm in garbage mode --> out mode this evening but...

Your books made the difference between scouring the net and handling tens of hours work to find the right mix of anwers, and/or picking the books off the shelf and the answer would be there on page 338 or whatever.

You can't get that from a video tutorial and you don't want everyone asking questions every two minutes on how you can change the size of a plane in layout 9.

So, you've moved your creative teaching ability to online movies etc, where do you see it going from here? sorry if I've missed other posts where I've missed these answers. :)

Brent

Dexter2999
04-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Nice stuff Kurtis!

Personaly I think it would be great if you offered all tutorials in BOTH formats.
Apple has royaly ticked me off with the integration of QT with iTunes.

Greenlaw
04-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Personaly I think it would be great if you offered all tutorials in BOTH formats.
Apple has royaly ticked me off with the integration of QT with iTunes.

Hi,

If you go to Apple's Quicktime page there is a link for the Standalone Installer that allows you to install QT without all the extra ITunes stuff. It's not terribly obvious (probably on purpose).

Hope this helps.

Best,

DRG

evenflcw
04-11-2006, 07:39 PM
I can never find the standalone install of QT myself ... so I just use Quicktime Alternative together with Media Player Classic (based on the leanest but still meanest Windows Media Player version 6.4!) instead. Alot less fluff and alot more usefull. Add ffdshow filter to that and you can watch pretty much everything.

Nice video... node editor starting to look abit scary though. But keep em coming!

dablan
04-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Yes, these LW9 preview videos are awesome - I just have trouble on my home Mac with the AVIs.

Harlan - long time no talk. Hope all is well.

Tlight - thank you very much. I'm working on Inside LightWave 9, so make some room on that shelf of yours. You should see my shelf though. It truly is bowing - I have every book I've done with every translation of them.

I'm still doing books - almost quit last year, but giving it another go. Working on a modo book (can I say that here?), the new Inside LightWave 9, and then a photography book (still planning). These are priority right now, after the daily animations of course. Somewhere in there will be the new 3D Garage stuff (which has been started). Today I did a video shoot for Class On Demand for OS X.

So, lots coming down the pipe and I thank you for the support.

T-Light
04-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Dablan-

I'm working on Inside LightWave 9, so make some room on that shelf of yours

Wahey, Cheers.:D :D :D :D :thumbsup:

walfridson
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Nice stuff, once you go node you never go back... ;)

Did anyone else notice that "modeler tools"? :)