PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

Ark_of_Kaos
04-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Hello! I am Arkaos (but everybody just calls me Mark, lol). I am new to Lightwave, but I have been using Animation:Master for the past year. I am a hobbist animator, a cadd/cam modeler and structural drafter as a profession. I haven't even opened LW yet (it arrives on Thursday...can't wait). I am currently storyboarding a short film that I was originally going to create in A:M, but I need a more robust Particle effects system. A:M has one, but it is slow and cumbersome and the creator has very limited control over the particles. So, Lightwave 3D it is! I will probably still use A:M for post rendering audio sequencing (it does that very well) and maybe some compositing. I can't wait to get my feet wet in LW and I will probably be a regular here. Got a ton of modelling to do for my project.

Well greetings all :cool:

Ark_of_Kaos
04-13-2006, 02:55 PM
SA-WEEET! I got my LW in the mail today! (dancing for joy!). I hope my wife will understand that I will be emotionally and physically unavailable for the next several hours (days, maybe?). WOO-HOO! I think I will start out with a landscape model to go with one of my existing A:M projects. Wish me luck!

Ark_of_Kaos
04-13-2006, 03:25 PM
ooooOOOOOoo! Thanks a million! That's gunna help me out lots. I can't wait to get started.

Ark_of_Kaos
04-14-2006, 07:12 AM
Well, I got LW 8.5 up and running last night. WHOA Nelly! It doesn't look like I'll be modelling or animating in Animation:Master anymore :lightwave :jam:

These modelling and animating tools are so much easier and quicker to work with than in A:M, 3dsMax, Blender, etc. :bowdown: :boogiedow

Silkrooster
04-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Have fun! I remember when I first got mine, I was quite excited...

Here is a link to silkroosters wonderful lightwave noobie info (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=361157#post361157). There is a lot of good stuff on there. He usually doesn't miss anyone but I guess he didn't see your thread...
Thanks, for covering by butt.:D yeah I didn't see thread, I have been a little busy. Have any questions, just let us know.
Silk

steamthunk
04-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi. Welcome. Another A:M refugee here. I, like you, found LW's polygonal modeling system similar to CAD systems and found it easier to work with. Loved the A:M splines for spline work, but wanted to be able to do polys too. Anyway, please post some stuff when you get things up and running. :)

DrTWT
04-14-2006, 08:25 PM
SI hope my wife will understand that I will be emotionally and physically unavailable for the next several hours (days, maybe?).

for my wife it's been a year...

this is a great forum, I'm new here too but have already learned so much. :thumbsup: