PDA

View Full Version : Getting LW output into flash

Speedmonk42
04-10-2006, 06:30 PM
I did a search on this, but it mostly was pretty crusty stuff.

I have a project that needs to get the LW output into flash. I was just using PNG's, but the alpha is still selectactable which screws up the app. So I need to make the stuff into vectors.

I was looking at SwiftD. Now I know there might be some development to market size ratio thing, but for some reason it bugs me that the plug ins are more than their full app.

I am also weary to spend that given LW 9 is around the corner and it may not work with it.

Are there any other tools for converting vectors/flash?

Anyone have any experience using S3D?

kopperdrake
04-11-2006, 03:42 AM
I use Kibisis :)

Speedmonk42
04-11-2006, 09:04 PM
The application is a technical drawing app.

Some of the objects are rendered in LW so you can 'rotate' the objects to simulate a 3D effect. These are series of PNG's with alpha.

There are issues with arranging things, like an arrow, that may be placed close to one of those objects where the alpha overlaps the 'anchor' of the arrow (the arrows are drawn dynamically with anchors that are pulled around)

I don't want the user to have to move the object becuase they 'lost' the anchor, but they can still see it. If you move the 3d object over top of the anchor, then intuitively you must move it to get to the anchor. However, what screws up the user is if they can see it, but want to punch their computer in becuase they can't select it becuase it got 'tucked' under the alpha portion of the bitmap.

That probably made no sense.

I should have a beta of it up on a website in couple of days, I will post a link.

Thanks,
:)

Speedmonk42
04-11-2006, 09:06 PM
I use Kibisis :)

Cool, I was not finding anything, but I didn't think to look for video encoder. I was searching vector tracing and crap like that...duh.....

Cheers I will check it out.

Update: I think this might produce the same problem. I would assume that the alpha even on the video is still selectable as part of the bounding box if a xxxxx.onPress = function() event is added to it.

Thanks,
:)