PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation on New Desktop Computer

mccu2825
04-09-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi,

Need a recomendation on a new desktop off the shelf, with a 64 bit X2 processor with a good graphics card? Dell, HP or ? In addition, will 32 bit programs also run well on this desktop? Thanks!

lots
04-09-2006, 09:49 PM
32bit apps for the most part will be just fine. Unless they rely on some driver that hasnt yet been converted to 64bit.

Speedmonk42
04-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Hi,

Need a recomendation on a new desktop off the shelf, with a 64 bit X2 processor with a good graphics card? Dell, HP or ? In addition, will 32 bit programs also run well on this desktop? Thanks!;

Well. last I checked if you want a Dell with X2, as in AMD X2 that would need to be an Alienware workstation since they just bought that company.

It really depends on how you work I guess. I am a total piece of crap when it comes to LW and the stuff I do would cause Newtek to sue me if I ever made it public it is so bad.

So for me to pay a premium on a kick butt machine is probably not worth it.

Try to consider the benifet of the premium system vs the really good system + an extra render node.

It is soooo much fun to buy a great machine, but for the money you might get more done depending on what you do.