PDA

View Full Version : Matching up large still with smaller animation.

Mark Borok
04-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Right now I'm working on an animation to be composited in Flash and I wanted to start with a large still image, pan across it (in Flash) and then continue seamlessly into a 640 by 480 animation. The last frame of the still image pan obviously needs to match up with the first frame of the animated sequence. So far I've cloned the camera that I used in the animation; now I want to enlarge the view captured by this clone camera for the still image. Of course, when I increase the pixel size of the camera it doesn't end up capturing a larger portion of the scene, it captures the same portion and makes it render larger.

I suspect that I need to change the zoom settings on the camera (zoom out) while at the same time increasing the pixel size, right? The question then would be how to calculate the zoom settings so that they remain proportional to the new pixel size. I'm not good at math.

Any help would be appreciated. Hope this isn't too confusing.

stevecullum
04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
Wouldn't zooming in and out alot cause distortion of the scene?

I'm not entirely sure, what your aiming for. Is is like a vector image to a 3D animation? Are you importing the frames into flash after rendering or importing a movie?

If I was trying to match my 3D scene to a flash thing, I would import the last flash frame into LW as a backdrop to match it up.

Dexter2999
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM
I think it might be easier to take the still from the LW anim last frame. Make the FLASH match it.

Just a guess.

stevecullum
04-11-2006, 05:53 PM
Good call!

But it sounded like the flash image thing was already completed.

Mark Borok
04-14-2006, 09:24 PM
I solved it by increasing the resolution by 200% and zooming out 200% at the same time. It worked fine.

What I wanted to do was have a still picture and pan across it in Flash (instead of panning the camera in LW and creating a bigger file that way); then cut from the pan to a more complex camera move that I had to animate in LW. They had to match up exactly. The camera pans down a wall and then swoops across the room to the opposite wall. The swoop had to be a 3D move, but the pan could be 2D.

"Wouldn't zooming in and out alot cause distortion of the scene?"

Nope, only trucking in and out causes a change in perspective. Zooming only increases or decreases the field of view of the camera, basically.