PDA

View Full Version : Can not load plugin compile with VS 2005

hstewarth
04-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I just decided to attempt to start development on Plugin for Lightwave,

so I started up Visual Studio 2005 with went thought Aurora Grafx tutorial and inserted the source files and def into projects directly - created a new file copy the hello plugin directly into a C++ file - made changes in tutorial on C++ files and suggessly compile the dll. Rename it to .P and place it in the plugins directory.

When I try to load the plugin - I can error message that it could not load it.

I am curious what I am missing here.

I basically looking for start project to start looking at some of my ideas for a plugin. Basically learning stage.

I been in software development for 20 years - MSDN subscriber. Lightwave since 4.0 but nothing serious.

hstewarth
04-08-2006, 01:43 PM
One thing about this is - that I loaded it with debugger and Plugin never hit the function. So Lightwave is having trouble finding it - even though ts in directory.

Rpahut
04-09-2006, 12:38 AM
Try first samples from SDK, to make sure that your compiler makes correct code.
"#include for startup, shutdown and servmain(or server.lib). _WIN32, _X86_ and _MSWIN defined. Serv.def with _mod_descrip export added. Alignment 8." - that is what U need to get plugin worked.

hstewarth
04-09-2006, 07:32 AM
I actually did try the SDK first and it did work, this test was my attempt to try to learn to setup the process via a tutorial and learn what to do. Before I start working on plugin designed - I need to experiment and see how it works.

I am curious on one thing, is C++ classes possible with Plugins instead straight C. I like organizing the project Object oriently.

Lightwolf
04-09-2006, 07:50 AM
I am curious on one thing, is C++ classes possible with Plugins instead straight C. I like organizing the project Object oriently.
Yes. It can be a bit tricky, but basically it is possible.

Here is a whole discussion about wrapping the SDK: http://www.splinecage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
...and I have to admit I didn't participate much lately.

If you need a quick hand just post here or on Splinecage though, or PM me.

Cheers,
Mike

hstewarth
04-09-2006, 08:15 AM
I got success on my plugin problem. it was the def file. Successfully executed the plugin in Lightwave.

Now I got research, play and learn before actually doing something with it.

But first, I have do some job related stuff - pretty busy lately.

I did add the LightWrap++ forum to my favorites and some quick looks. That would come in use once I learn what is necessary.

Thanks for all.