PDA

View Full Version : Old forum and new mice

AnaQuista
02-17-2003, 08:14 AM
First of all I would like to say Hi to all of you in the new forum. It wasnt my cup of tea at first but it is very very quickly growing on me.

I have just installed my wacom tablet (I used to use it on a pentuim III 600 before) on my DP867 G4. Although it seems to be working ok on most programs (latest drivers installed) I am unable to make it work properly with lightwave 7.5. The main problem is that I cannot get it to recognise the right mouse button.

I know that this might have been answered in the old forum which brings me to my 2nd question, where are they?

Help appreciated.

Give la paz une oportunite

mlinde
02-17-2003, 09:02 AM
If you are having trouble with the pen, have you tried setting up a LW-specific toolset with the Wacom Tablet application, or at least confirming that it is set up for right-click on the button you want? I know the default setup is to have Erase, Ink Toggle, Double-Click, Click (back to front, bottom to top), and when I changed Ink Toggle to Right-Click, it worked fine for me in Layout Graph editor...

AnaQuista
02-17-2003, 12:27 PM
thanks for your reply. I have not been using the pen in particular. It is more the 4D mouse I am having probs with. E.g if I want to rotate the perspective view I would normally have held the right mouse button and move the mouse. Now I need to press the left button and the right together after configuring the mouse. Having said that the pen seems to work ok (must be that it considers pressure as a left mouse click) so I might try lightwaving with the pen and see how this goes. If there is a solution to using the mouse though I would be quite interested. (in case I do not get on with the pen.)

mlinde
02-17-2003, 02:52 PM
same game -- check your settings for the mouse in the WACOM controls. it may not be set up for the right button to default to right button (I know, that sounds crazy, but it's true). The latest driver includes a Control Panel (OS 9) or Application (OS X) to set these options. That's where I would start.