PDA

View Full Version : TV out on the graphics card?

Tom Wood
05-22-2003, 09:05 PM
I'm trying to configure a workstation for Lightwave and Toaster. I know the Toaster card has a TV out connection, but not all graphics cards do. It has been suggested that I don't need a TV out on the graphics card since I can check the image after the Toaster render. But this seems like it's too late in the process. Wouldn't it be better to check the TV image on an NTSC monitor after Lightwave renders? Which requires a TV out on the graphics card, correct?

Thanks,

Tom

Aegis
05-23-2003, 04:07 AM
The 'Toaster comes with a LightWave plugin which will display your renders on the VT - You might have been better off asking this on the 'Toaster forums :)

Tom Wood
05-23-2003, 06:00 AM
In a production environment, wouldn't it be faster to not have to open Toaster? I'd like to be able to do quick short renders to check the lighting, look at it on the TV, and then move into the full render.

TW

Aegis
05-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Sorry Tom, maybe I should have been more specific - the 'Toaster LW plugin sends rendered images directly to the 'Toaster hardware and through that, your display - you do not have to be simultaneously running the VT software.

Kavik
02-02-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm running LW 7 and would like to load that Plug-In...what's it called?

Thanks

Aegis
02-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Hi Kavik!

Check your email!

Andy.

robewil
02-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Aegis is correct.

Also, the TV out feature of most video cards is not of great quality. They tend to have cheap RGB digital to analog encoders so you aren't getting a very good representation of how it will come out of your VT card. Also, to have TV out means running your screen resolution pretty low, usually 640 X 480 or 800 X 600.