PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8 Discovery Edition

JoeK
04-06-2006, 09:49 PM
Can anyone tell me please what the limitations are in the Lightwave 8 Discovery Edition? I've received a sample disk to try Lightwave out for modeling. I haven't had a chance to sit down & play with it yet, but I was wondering just how far I can push the Discovery Edition before I reach it's limits and what the differences are between the full version of Lightwave and the Discovery Edition?

Thanks.

pauland
04-07-2006, 03:28 AM
If I remember correctly, you can only save models with up to 200 (or is it 400?) points and you get a chequerboard on renders.

SO, you won't be pushing it very far to hit a limitation. You can load/create bigger models, but won't be able to save them.

Paul

BazC
04-07-2006, 03:44 AM
Welllll, not quite. You can save 400 points PER LAYER so you can actually save huge models. It quickly gets frustrating trying to keep each layer below 400 points (which is tiny!) but it can be done and it allows you to test every aspect of the app.

I believe LW9 will have a time limited fully functional demo. - Baz

JoeK
04-07-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks. I haven't been able to find this info on the NEWTEK site - either it is REALY well hidden or it's just not there.