PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Problem - BG Images

optikanet
04-06-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi,

I just upgraded to Lightwave 8.5 and since doing so I have been unable to upload background images in Layout.

I emailed tech support at Newtek but nobody bothered to respond. Can somebody help?

Kind Regards
Dave

BeeVee
04-06-2006, 03:17 AM
It's possible that your configs are damaged and not all your plug-ins are loaded. Follow these steps:

WARNING! This will kill any customisations you have made, so it's a good idea to use the editors to save menus and shortcuts.

1. Load the Layout portion of LightWave;
2. Hit Alt F11 (or go into the Utilities Tab and click on the Edit Plug-Ins button) and then the Scan Directory button and point it to your LightWave plugins folder. It will scan the plug-ins and give you a message like "xxx Plug-Ins found in xxx files.";
3. Hit Alt F10 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Menu Layout) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
4. Hit Alt F9 (or go to the Edit menu and choose Edit Keyboard Shortcuts) and change the Presets menu to LightWave 7.5. Return to it and change it back to Default;
5. Now quit LightWave and start Modeler;
6. Repeat steps 3 and 4 but be aware that the Preset Menu will only offer LightWave 7.0;
7. Quit Modeler and quit Hub too.

B

optikanet
04-06-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanx. That seems to have done the trick!

Kind Regards
Dave