PDA

View Full Version : help - clothfx on spline hair

Alessandro P.
04-05-2006, 02:16 AM
hello :help: ,

I am pretty new to Lightwave, so I apologize first if this is a silly question. I saw a nice demo in the features page of LW8, titled "clothfx on hair splines". There the Mr. Proton's girl was walking around in the scene shaking her long hairs.

Now, I browsed the contents CD included with LW8 and I also had a quick look at the Newtek's LW tutorials page and on this forum too. But, I didn't find any tutorial/example scene showing how to make it. Any help please ?

bye, Alessandro

Dodgy
04-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Well the main things are to remember are, use the cotton(thin) preset in the etc tab to get a good start, then set Advance>stretch limit to near 5%. Try to use a lower res collision object (like a couple of spheres) instead of the head to collide with the hair, as this will be a lot quicker. Remember to turn collision on in the collision tab too! :)

adrencg
04-05-2006, 07:45 AM
hello :help: ,

I am pretty new to Lightwave, so I apologize first if this is a silly question. I saw a nice demo in the features page of LW8, titled "clothfx on hair splines". There the Mr. Proton's girl was walking around in the scene shaking her long hairs.

Now, I browsed the contents CD included with LW8 and I also had a quick look at the Newtek's LW tutorials page and on this forum too. But, I didn't find any tutorial/example scene showing how to make it. Any help please ?

bye, Alessandro

Watch this thread over at Spinquad

http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11582

Alessandro P.
04-06-2006, 04:09 AM
Even better than Mr. Proton's .. that character really rocks. I love toons :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the link !

adrencg
04-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Even better than Mr. Proton's .. that character really rocks. I love toons :thumbsup:

Thank you very much for the link !

Oh my god, don't say that. People will be looking for my head on a plate...:help: