PDA

View Full Version : 3dtrainingonline.com tutorials

epsilon42
04-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Hey guys,

New to the forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have been looking at a few of the tutorials on the above site as the course that i'm currently studying requires me to follow some of the videos that are available there.

There is one video in particular that I am interested in but am having problems viewing, here is the link:
http://www.3dtrainingonline.com/support/spline_tutorial.mov

I've tried reinstalling Quicktime, and using various versions of Quicktime Alternative but the video seems to crash at the 4:55 mark :( I've also redownloaded the video several times and am still experiencing the same problem. I've tried converting the .mov to other formats but the problem still exists - the resulting video just freezes after 4:55 (might be due to the fact that the program I was using uses the same codec to convert the files). I have also tried playing the files on another computer.

Does anyone know of a site that mirrors this video? I'm beginning to think that it may just be a corrupt file.

Thanks!

Regards,
-Andrew

oDDity
04-04-2006, 09:56 AM
IT plays fine for me. I using quicktime alterative though.

evenflcw
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
How big is your file once download is completed?

Why don't you contact the guy who runs the site!?

EDIT:
Mine freezes thereabouts aswell, and I'm using quicktime alternative aswell. 6mb is all i got when downloading and that seems abit on the low side for 17 minutes. Judging from other vids on that site, the file should be bigger, about 15mb. It's seems I get all the audio but the rest of the video is missing.

norlight
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Im experiencing the exact same thing as evenflcw.

However, Ive also purchased a bunch of the training DVDs. As far as I can recall this specific tut is on one of those DVDs but Ive seen no such anomaly.

epsilon42
04-04-2006, 12:09 PM
I also get a 6mb file when downloaded. Just wanted to see whether other people were experiencing the same problems or not. Might have to follow it up with the owner of the site. Thanks for the replies!

fyborg_1138
04-04-2006, 12:37 PM
I downloaded this from Larry's site back in December and it runs ~17 min at 6MB. There must be something wrong with the site's current file because I get the same problem of it freezing part way through. However, the one I saved from December works fine.

SplineGod
04-04-2006, 01:07 PM
I havent changed anything. Ive noticed that one or two ppl have had problems with some files after updating their quicktime. Ill check it out. :)
I would also recommend contacting me directly if theres a problem with any of the files.

Update:
I checked the file and it was partially corrupted. No idea how or why but I uploaded it again. Try it and let me know if theres any issues. Thanks! :)

Tiger
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Works fine here :D

epsilon42
04-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Works fine now :D Champion.

Thanks!

Regards,
-Andrew

fyborg_1138
04-04-2006, 08:05 PM
Works for me. Thanks, Larry...

SplineGod
04-04-2006, 11:50 PM
ok, cool. Thanks guys. Let me know if anything else turns up. :)