PDA

View Full Version : Super Shift?

fireworker76
04-03-2006, 07:13 PM
:help: I recently recieved LW v8.5 and i am using a tutorial (from v8) that requires me to use the super shift tool. i cannot find the super shift tool. if it exists please tell me where to find it in v8.5 if not please tell me the new equivilent to super shift in v8.5
Email me at [email protected]

jnddepew
04-03-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm not quite sure but I think It's been replaced by multishift.

newtekker04
04-03-2006, 09:02 PM
Yes, indeed - super shift is now multishift. I had the same inquiry a few months ago, and found that it had been replaced. Unfortunately, this replacement is not documented; the only mention of multishift is in the 8.5 readme, but it doesn't mention that this was a replacement tool. Actually, it's a pretty useful tool. Check out the Lightwave video tutorial section and you'll find a video that explains how to use it.

andydy
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
I have 8.5 and am experiencing the same problem with needing to use super shift. However I can not find the multishift tool either.

kylekoch
04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I have 8.5 and am experiencing the same problem with needing to use super shift. However I can not find the multishift tool either.
ust hit alt f10 to open menu set up, do a search from there, this is always the easiest way to find a tool. Then add it to a menu so you have it available
Good luck
kyle

wongster
04-06-2006, 09:23 AM
in lightwave 8 its under the multiply tab in one of those drop down menus tio the left side of the screen. Sometimes you'er better off using smooth shift and the stretch tool though.
try F1 ing it, it'll tell you the kleyboard shortcuts in there.