PDA

View Full Version : iVGA

Demon8
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
How do I setup my VT4 and the other pc's on my network for iVGA capture. Can't find the iVGA file on the disc to load it on pc.

joseburgos
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
C:\VT4\iVGA Client is where it should lay.
Copy it to Floppy/CD/Network File transfer to the PC you want.
Then run it on the PC you loaded it onto.
Once that is done, launch the switcher and goto the VGA tab.
Under "Network Input" click the drop down arrow and select the PC you want on the switcher.

Good luck,

Mediaworx
04-04-2006, 04:33 AM
Be aware that IVGA is SLOWWWWWW. We do alot of corporate events that use Powerpoint and have found it to be useless except for the most basic presentations.

Mick Haensler
Mediaworx

billmi
04-04-2006, 07:31 AM
I've put together a step by step tutorial in iVGA setup here:
http://www.corin.com/vt_tutorials/ivga/index.shtml

iVGA's quality in terms of carying animation depends a lot on your network, and other traffic on the network slowing things down. For relaying video, it gets fairly choppy, and if animated transitions are a big part of what you are relaying, you might find it better to run a hard feed (i.e. video out from the other computer to the VT.) However, if heavy animation isn't a part of it, and especially for bringing in things like web sites, or showing how to use a program, it works great.

Paul Lara
04-04-2006, 12:43 PM
Be aware that IVGA is SLOWWWWWW. We do alot of corporate events that use Powerpoint and have found it to be useless except for the most basic presentations.

Mick,
iVGA performance is entirely dependent on the power of the client's graphics card. A newer graphics card is capable of sending full-screen, 30fps animations across the network via iVGA.

JoelKarr
04-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Paul,

What determines the video quality via iVGA?

Mediaworx
04-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Fair enough Paul. Performance was so poor on my old laptop, I haven't tried it on my new one which has an "ATI mobility radeon x700 w/128 mb. Do ya think that should do it. Most of my gigs are corporate on location so I'm using a crossover cable instead of a net work.

Mick,
iVGA performance is entirely dependent on the power of the client's graphics card. A newer graphics card is capable of sending full-screen, 30fps animations across the network via iVGA.

PIZAZZ
04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Fair enough Paul. Performance was so poor on my old laptop, I haven't tried it on my new one which has an "ATI mobility radeon x700 w/128 mb. Do ya think that should do it. Most of my gigs are corporate on location so I'm using a crossover cable instead of a net work.

Mick does that new laptop have Gigabit Ethernet?

I would still use a Gigabit Switch instead of a crossover cable. It will keep things setup easier for you that way if you want to connect your VT or Laptop to the rest of the world with DHCP.

FYI.

MBeck
04-07-2006, 02:15 PM

Mick Haensler
Mediaworx

We have used it quite a bit.. and it is really not that slow..

In fact.. the last guy ran media shout on it and was just amazed at how fast it was.