PDA

View Full Version : Strange checkboardpattern-overlay when rendering with AntiAliasing

Olmen
04-03-2006, 07:38 AM
Hi,

I have a very strange problem in LW 8. I recently installed it on my newly bought laptop and everything works well until you try rendering an image using AA or Softfilter. When I do, I get this strange transparent checkboard pattern overlaying the image. This ONLY happens when AA or SF is activated. I've tried going through different settings and rendering options but I'm apparently missing something. I never, however, had this problem on my main working machine. Perhaps this is hardware related?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :)

Best regards,
Olle Mattsson

colkai
04-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Weird, it sounds like the overlay for the discovery edition.
If you unplug your dongle - does the same pattern appear all the time or is it different? If it's different, that's strange, if it is the 'discovery' overlay, well, that's even stranger! ;)

Olmen
04-03-2006, 09:43 AM
No this is not the Discovery edition, and it's watermark looked completely different imo. This is a checkboard pattern over the WHOLE image and it only appears when you use AA :/.

Disconnecting the dongle and reconnecting it makes no difference. I'm thinking about reinstalling... unless somebody has a good solution?

colkai
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Not me I'm afraid, I've never heard of something like this before. Sorry I can't be of any help.