PDA

View Full Version : VT4 Output to DVD?

tigerbill
03-31-2006, 03:33 PM
I usually output from VT4 to DV tape with no problem but I would like to be able to connect my external DVD recorder to the firewire cable coming out of the VT4 so that I can output directly to a DVD disc on my external burner. The problem is I can't get the VT4 to output to my DVD recorder yet it outputs to my DV camcorder just fine. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Also, I sometimes need to input video from DVDs into the VT4 and, although I have an internal DVD burner in my VT4, I haven't been able to figure out how to capture from it directly into the VT4. Is this possible?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

joseburgos
03-31-2006, 03:45 PM
If you can output from the VT[4] to your Camera then you got me.
But the other question I can help.
I have used DVD to AVI from Fleximage.
It's sharware so it's cheap and it works great.
Once you have the AVI file, you can load into VT Edit and do what you want.

Take care,

tigerbill
03-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Thanks Jose. I will try the software you recommend.

Rmarq
04-03-2006, 10:15 AM
When you say "burner" what kind of box are you refering to? I use a Toshiba RD-XS52 hard disc recorder to record live out of the VT, once my video resides on the hard drive of the Toshiba it allows me to create the DVD. I could go right to DVD but if I have a bad disc the whole show will be lost.

Jim_C
04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Regarding sending to your recorder....

Did you set the DV preference in VT to Output?

My thinking is that you did a DV print to tape with your camera but want to play a live DV feed out to your DVD recorder.

If this is correct, you must set the preference to do the latter but not the former.

As for getting DVD footage into the VT, the easiest way is to use the svideo, or component out of an external DVD player and do a basic live capture into the VT.

If you want to be all digital Jose's program or one like No1DVD ripper will convert DVDs to avis and such. One of trade offs is encoding time can be much longer than an actual live capture.

Jim

tigerbill
04-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Regarding sending to your recorder....

Did you set the DV preference in VT to Output?

My thinking is that you did a DV print to tape with your camera but want to play a live DV feed out to your DVD recorder.

If this is correct, you must set the preference to do the latter but not the former.

Jim

Hey Jim - Yes. That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I did set the DV preference to "DV to Program Out" but I can't seem to get the signal to come down the DV wire into my DVD recorder. I'm using a External DVD Recorder from Liteon, model LVW-5005. Is there anything else you can recommend I do other than to set the DV preferences to DV to Program Out?

My VT4 also sometimes blue screens with an MSDV.SYS message and I believe it has something to do with the DV but I'm not sure what.

Thanks.

Bill

ScorpioProd
04-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Uh-oh! Are you still on Windows 2000? That is the only reason you should be getting that BSOD.

VT[4] does NOT support DV out via firewire under Windows 2000.

Well, not without BSODing...

tigerbill
04-06-2006, 12:06 AM
Yes! I'm still one of those hold-outs running Windows 2000 Pro. I guess I'll be forced to go with XP... Or maybe I'll hold out and wait for Vista. (It could be a long wait!):)