PDA

View Full Version : 3dmf

sambuca
05-22-2003, 03:47 AM
does anyone know if I can export to 3dmf either through layout or modeller - thanks!

Beamtracer
05-22-2003, 05:06 PM
I think I tried it once long ago, by importing a Lightwave object or scene into Maxon Bodypaint and then converting it to 3DMF.

Quicktime wouldn't read the 3DMF file (QT is supposed to be able to do that.)

Jimzip
05-25-2003, 07:53 PM
To read them, there are heaps of programs at www.download.com that will do it.
To convert them.. That's what I've wanted to know for a while to.. 3DMF is such a useful format..
P.S, Quicktime doesn't read the 3DMF files natively, but the OS9 Scrapbook will, and it's kinda' fun.

Jimzip:D

Beamtracer
05-25-2003, 08:27 PM
Hi Jimzip. On the official Apple list of supported formats in Quicktime is 3DMF, with no distinction between OS 9 and OS X. As we can see, the OS X support doesn't seem to be there.

The fact that Apple doesn't seem to be rushing to support 3DMF in OS X makes me wonder if they're committed to the format.

hopfer
07-12-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Hi Jimzip. On the official Apple list of supported formats in Quicktime is 3DMF, with no distinction between OS 9 and OS X. As we can see, the OS X support doesn't seem to be there.

The fact that Apple doesn't seem to be rushing to support 3DMF in OS X makes me wonder if they're committed to the format.

Apple doesn't support 3DMF anymore. But Quesa group does! (www.quesa.org)

I'm also looking for a 3DMF export to LW because it is great to create 3D games with Quesa and Realbasic for Mac and Windows!

Beamtracer
07-12-2003, 06:34 PM
Thanks for that useful information, Hopfer.