PDA

View Full Version : Multiple camera views and renders

gary3dtobe
03-31-2006, 08:33 AM
Can I have multiple vewports for each camera (example-TR viewport is camera1 and BR viewport is camera2)?

When I animate (and render) a scene can I switch active cameras during the scene (ie. from frame 1-120 camera1 is active then from frame 120-240 camera2 is acive)?

Thanks,
G

DrTWT
03-31-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't think so, but hopefully someone comes up with an solution as I would be most interested in this.

In this situation, I would create a stepped keyframe at frame 120 for the camera to achieve a similiar effect.

jeremyhardin
03-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Can I have multiple vewports for each camera (example-TR viewport is camera1 and BR viewport is camera2)?
nope. sorry.

When I animate (and render) a scene can I switch active cameras during the scene (ie. from frame 1-120 camera1 is active then from frame 120-240 camera2 is acive)?
yep. Switcher, I think it's called. It's a master class plugin.

DrTWT
03-31-2006, 09:18 PM
yep. Switcher, I think it's called. It's a master class plugin.

I looked into this, found only Camera Selector, not Switcher, in my list of master-class plug-ins. From the manual:

The CameraSelector master plug-in lets you switch between multiple cameras. Note that this cannot be used to switch the camera during a render-the current camera is still used for that. However, you can use it to switch between cameras while playing a scene in Layout or when creating a preview anim.

Jeremy, is this what you were thinking of or is there something else?

jeremyhardin
03-31-2006, 09:41 PM
yes...that's what i was thinking of. and the keys you set up render just fine.

DrTWT
03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
awesome... will have to try this. my machine has been rendering all day and didn't have a chance to try it out.

i don't suppose fPrime plays well with this plugin????

hrgiger
04-01-2006, 04:57 AM
So Jeremy, can switcher automate the saving of files in a sequence during a render? I setup a bullet time script a year or two ago but I was forced to set up 100 different cameras and manually save a render from each one. I wrote a script to setup a camera ring but could not find a way to automatically save the files during a render from each camera. Here is the effect I got (excuse the cheesy render-it was just to test out the process using particles)

jeremyhardin
04-01-2006, 08:42 AM
DrTWT...frpime preview, no. fprime render, yes.

hrgiger...oh I remember that example. :D it was in a couple of different threads, but you, myself, and multiple others were discussing bullet time for particles. personally i suggested keyframing particle parameters, but hey. ;) then they guy just ended up using particle playback speed instead of both of our suggestions. hehe.
as to using this to automate your setup...you sort of can.

you could either manually open up camselector and set keys for each individual camera on each individual frame.
or you could script something that treats the scene file like a text file and puts the necessary switching info in there, then reloads the scene. it's not elegant, but it's automated at least. here's what the plugin looks like in the scene file. It's the line right after FramesPerSecond and before the rest of your scene info.

Plugin MasterHandler 1 CameraSelector
"Camera (1)"
"Camera (2)"
EndPlugin

so above there are two cameras. the first one becomes active at frame 0. the second one becomes ative at frame 30.

did you still have that script around? perhaps the scene-editing solution could be integrated into it? (at least until timewarp comes down the pipe in lw9 that is)

gary3dtobe
04-01-2006, 08:23 PM
The CameraSelect seems to do the job in rendering...switch from camera to camera. But what is this CameraTrigger option? The CameraTrigger options have moved and changed in 8.5.

I noticed that after I render with the Trigger option on (there are no parameters or interface) one of my cameras disappears from the scene.

G

DrTWT
04-01-2006, 09:51 PM
gary3dtobe: thanks for asking this question! this is one thing i've often thought about but never thought was possible so didn't ask.

Jeremy: thanks for pointing the way. this is will be yet another little trick i've picked up trolling the board that will make things so much easier for me... your many tips are much appreciated :thumbsup:

RedBull
04-02-2006, 12:55 AM

Thanks,
G

FPrime can render multiple viewports for each camera view.
(i wish LW could too)

YES! the Camera selector plugin (LW Master plugin) will do what is needed..
It was updated over the LW8.x cycle and will now do what Gary and HRGiger want it to do, without the need for any other plugins or scripts....

The Camera Trigger Option - Has been removed from the main Master Plugin panel, it's now a seperate motion modifier..... (I don't know why)
As it's no longer needed and the calculations are now collected automatically.
So you don't need to apply it... Maybe it's for legacy usage...

But Camera Selector will do the job....