PDA

View Full Version : toaster keeps freezing

Ralph bertini
03-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi all,
Been away for awhile. Toaster has been idle for the last month or so. Started doing a project and for some reason the toaster keeps locking up. We're trying to capture on digital 8 thru the bob. It seems to be capturing ok. Since I'm new to VT I'm not sure what compression type we should be using. We have it set for UYVY. maybe we should go with the default RTV?
Any Ideas??? It's a varto built VT3 system. Prior to the lull in the action, the machine was working fine. Thanks, Ralph

ted
03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Have you been using that computer much since your last VT session?
What version of windows are you using?
Have you performed all the windows updates?
Have you installed any CD/DVD software?
Other software or applications?
Other hardware?
Are you the only one using that computer?

My first "guess" is that something on your computer has changed since your last sesion.

Run a complete virus scan and try running Adaware. Adaware picks up a lot of stuff Norton doesn't. It made our home Win 2k useable again after being too bogged down to perate.

tmon
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Ditto on all of Ted's questions, but I'd also give a shot at running both reset configs and auto config, then in preferences, make sure your video cache is set to the fastest drive (usually a RAID array) on the system.

Also, I'd say Uncompressed/RTV is the best.

Ralph bertini
03-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks, I'll do all you suggest. Yes I am the only person who has used the machine lately. Its a win XP box built by VARTO.