PDA

View Full Version : "aniMATRIX"

cresshead
05-22-2003, 12:41 AM
hi
just wondered if there's some more information about the animatrix short film that was shown on channel 5 last night after the matrix in the u.k..it looked very much like the style of "final fantasy" so i'd guess it was MAYA or soft xsi also wondering if there's more episodes of it as it looked pretty good to me.

steve g:)

Aegis
05-22-2003, 04:21 AM
"Final flight of the Osiris" was made by the same team that did "Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within" - Square USA. I think Softimage was used for both.

On the Matrix website www.whatisthematrix.com you can find 4 more "Animatrix" shorts - The Second Renaissance parts I & II, Program and A Detective Story - different animation styles but well worth seeing if you're a fan of "The Matrix" (and anime in general).

Final Flight was extremely impressive - Square's character work has come a long way since Final Fantasy - not quite realism but very, very slick all the same.

Final flight links straight into the video game "Enter The Matrix" - the package you see being mailed at the end of the short is the same one you have to pick up from the sorting office in your first mission in the game.

Castius
05-22-2003, 08:16 AM
http://www.deathfall.com/article.php?op=click&sid=2410

who cares what soft it's all about the artists.

Rei
05-22-2003, 12:09 PM
I thought it was Maya...

cavalos
05-22-2003, 12:13 PM
Yeah, it was maya and photorealistic renderman plus a ton of plugins.

Why not lightwave? :(

cresshead
05-22-2003, 01:38 PM
did you see the credits?
..how many people on the main film [matrix reloaded]???....2000+??

nice fights and chases...was good entertainment...will also be getting animatrix dvd on june 2

cool stuff.

steve g

lone
05-23-2003, 08:44 AM
HEY, REI - ANIMATRIX comes out on DVD June 3. i meant to mention that on the RELOADED thread.

Rei
05-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Thankyou (of to Amazon then!)

cavalos
05-23-2003, 06:16 PM
I donŽt want to get flamed here or something else but you can download a full Dvd rip of animatrix on Kazaa is a 700+ Mb but I think the wait worth it.

Best
Christian

CB_3D
05-24-2003, 03:27 PM
if you like anime and the matrix universe, youŽll simple love this one. beautyfully executed, and quite a lot of the most perfect 3d cellshading i have seen since the iron giant.

iŽll definitely buy it it on release ;-)

Red_Oddity
05-26-2003, 05:07 AM
I'm wondering if their will be a collector box, containing all movies and the animatrix DVD...

Still haven't bought part 1 because i hate to pay 30 euros for a lame cardboard box that breaks after opening it 3 times (those crap WB DVD releases in Holland get on my nerves)

lone
05-26-2003, 06:46 AM
i hate the cardboard boxes - i think WB is the only studio left that hasn't gone to 'keep cases'. of course, a lot of the keep cases look like crap; how hard is it to make them wrinkle-free? it's like there's zero quality control on them.

i figure there'll be some massive 5 or 6 disc set out in about 9 or 10 months.

meshmaster
06-06-2003, 10:21 AM
Possible Bullet Time Solution http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5426