PDA

View Full Version : Quadric

jlaw3
05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I just purchased Lightwave and this evening I added the patch to make 7.5c. I was messing around in the modeler and tried to use Quadric. I get the following message:

Custom operation failed.
Cannot load external plug-in file <D:\Lightwave\Plugins\Model\Mathplot.p>.

To be honest I do not know why this is not working. This is a brand new install as of today of the entire software package. Did the patch break this functionality? If it did, how do I go about fixing it.

Thanks in Advance!

Aegis
05-22-2003, 03:45 AM
The "Quadric" function doesn't seem to be a part of the "Mathplot.p" plugin since 7.5c - the best thing to do with 7.5c is clear all your modeler plugins & lscripts then reload them again.

riki
05-22-2003, 06:14 AM
The 'SuperQuadric Tool' also produces Torrid shaped objects, made-up entirely of Quads. If you play around with the 'Bulge' settings in the Numeric Panel, you can come up with some interesting results.

Note: Avoid using the 'Quadric Tool' as you'll notice some sloppy errors in the mesh. I personally have deleted it from my Toolset. You can achieve the same results with the SuperQuadric Tool.

jlaw3
05-22-2003, 07:10 AM
I appreciate the quick help from everyone. I cleared the plugins and reloaded them and the Quadric button disappeared.