PDA

View Full Version : DVD Recorder Issues

psjohn
03-28-2006, 11:07 PM
I have a DVD recorder that is recording the direct output from VT3, runs great, works fine, however if we are mixing in another DVD video, ours not copyright protected, the screen scrolls and looks like a sync problem. All recorded DVD's playback fine, but it is only when we send a DVD feed in, that the recorder then shows a scroll and records a scroll. This is for our church and we mix in a variety of videos from VHS, DVD to live Imag and Power Point. Any help would be appreciated.

psjohn
03-30-2006, 08:52 PM
has this been addressed and maybe I am missing it, or is this actually unique? No posts in this many of days seems kind of odd............

ted
03-30-2006, 10:48 PM
So you are saying that the DVD Recorder/Player feed into the VT3 is acting as if it's non-sync?
We are on VT4.6c. I'm sure we've done this from our standalone DVD player in VT3. I know we've done this with VT4 many times.
We use component out/in. Capture from the "Program Out" not "main".
I assume if you go directly to a monitor it looks fine?
Maybe try a different cable.
Different output from the DVD, i.e. RCA jacks, composit.
You might try playing the same DVD's directly into a VHS deck and see if the VHS recording is good.

Sorry your post was missed. We've been busy trying to create a HD workflow and have been ignoring most threads here.

Jim Capillo
03-31-2006, 03:45 AM
Are you saying that the DVD you are trying to play is not copy protected? It should play OK. I have the same setup and it works OK. If you are trying to use a protected DVD, you are probably seeing the scrambling. Obviously, that is not legal unless you have permission, but there is an easy solution to it if you are bent on using it. I will email the procedure to you, but will not post it here.