PDA

View Full Version : the particles are lying to me...

loki74
03-27-2006, 11:34 PM
I have no idea how to solve this problem.

basically, I'm trying to make an explosion. I need the particles to burst out really fast, but slow down almost instantly. I have used a distance gradient in the particle resistance field to achieve this. In my viewport, things look good.

Then, I hit render. The HVs are everywhere. They act like that gradient in particle resistance doesnt even exist. I'm here like, "Wait, that doesn't look anything like what I'm seeing in Viper and the viewport." So I hit abort. The render stops, and then what happens? My viewport also goes crazy.

here you can see what im talking about:
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a8/loki74/very_annoying.jpg

on the upper left is what I want it to look like. On the right, we see what happens after the render completes or is canceled.

Whats more, as soon as I so much as mouse down on one of the slider buttons in the FX Emitter settings, it goes back to what it should look like... until I hit render again...

I have tried exiting and reloading, recalculating, messing with the gradient.... i am out of ideas.

if anyone has any fix for this, or he1l even an explaination, I'd be hugely grateful.

thanks in advance,
-loki

loki74
03-27-2006, 11:51 PM
yea when i hit calculate it does what I want it to.

I'll try saving out the motion... but gee what a pain. I know its been said about every conceiveable issue, but im gonna say it--"I hope this is addressed in 9!!"

thanx bryphi.

stealthoperator
03-28-2006, 03:59 AM
...and when you look at the (gradient) settings after the mess....
are they still the same?

loki74
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
@bryphi
yea, saving out the motion worked. thanks, again.

@stealthoperator
nope, the gradients were not affected.