PDA

View Full Version : Little confused....

JAW
03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
For some reason all my objects i make to scale for the most part, and when I load em into layout, the camera is always like 100 times larger then my objects, and i always have to scale them up alot, and for larger scenes it can be a real mess, why is this?, This is a screne shot of a sky back drop, its 10km wide, 5kn high, and 5 km deep, but as u can see, the camera is much larger, and it is set at 24 mm.

:help:

Silkrooster
03-27-2006, 05:12 PM
Try reducing the grid, by using the [ and ] keys. fisrt one is for reducing and the latter one is for increasing.
Silk

meatycheesyboy
03-27-2006, 05:13 PM
You can conrol the size of the camera icon by changing the grid size. Changing the grid size will also change how precisely you can move the camera, lights and objects as well.

*edit* Darn, second time today someone has beat me to the punch. *edit*

Meaty
03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
The camera is larger because when you load huge objects into Layout, the grid will sometimes automatically increase so you can see the object. If the camera is not keyframed, Layout will also move the camera.

Try using the bracket keys to decrease the grid size and it will make the camera "smaller."\

Edit:you buggers

JAW
03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
so when I do a large scene, i need to resize the grid, and that will make the camera more realistic? And is that why my grid is at 5km also?

Amurrell
03-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Yeah. I had the same problem with all of my projects until I resized the grid just like all the others before me have suggested.

Also, if you start with a small object in Layout and then load a larger object, the grid sizing changes in favor of the larger object.

As a side note, I wish there was a way to lock the grid to a certain size while loading additional objects into the scene. (LW9 suggestion?)

JAW
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Yep, that did it, :)

-tnx for ithe speedy help:thumbsup: