PDA

View Full Version : Command Line or Layout Startup params

aurora
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm looking for a list of possible parameters which can used either in the command line for Layout or using the Layout Startup Command in the LW3.cfg file. I could have sworn I saw such a list some place but after 1.5 hours of hunting I have failed to find it. Anybody know of such a list, or at least a way to kick renders of with the command line only?

Silkrooster
03-27-2006, 05:26 PM
In the pdf version of LW manual on page 21 shows a few commands.
-c - location of config files
-0 - disable hub
-p - location of plugins
-d - Content Directory
I am sure you knew most of these, but perhaps it can help someone else. If I can find more. I'll let you know. Maybe even place all of them on my wiki.
Silk

aurora
03-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeahm thanks Silk those I know. I could have sworn you could kick a render off from the command line, WITHOUT screamernet, just plain old vanilla LW.
You can tell Layout to open up with a given scene file by simply adding the path with file name to the command line, but how do you tell it to render???

[EDIT] BTW -d is the path to the content directories

Silkrooster
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
yeah it dawned on me when I read the post on spinquad. I wish I could be of more help.
Silk

jeremyhardin
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
-3 mode of lwsn is the render mode of lightwave. use it as a command line render.

aurora
03-27-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks Jeremy, but doesn't that kick it off via screamernet? If so is there away to do it without screamernet?

jeremyhardin
03-27-2006, 07:25 PM
technically yes. but it's semantics. it renders without the interface or launching screamernet in a control node. the LWSN -3 mode is the ONLY way to render LW from a command line. otherwise, you have to open LW up and hit render.